Saturday 3 November 2012

October Empties & Favourites

Bonjour!

So - I was going to open up with - 'Here we are at the end of another month again - mostly empties here (trying to get stuff used up) and a few favourites thrown in for good measure ....' but by the time I got round to finishing the post with occupying the kids over half term and everything it's now the start of November!



Emma Hardie Amazing Face Lighter Lotion and Rejuvenating Night Cream - a couple of products from the QVC TSV (today's special value) back in May which also included a full size of the Emma Hardie Moringa Balm.  The Lighter Lotion is exactly as the name suggests, a non-greasy milky liquid which keeps my skin hydrated all day - sinks in so easily, ideal for busy mornings (still a little left to use up). The pot of Rejuvenating Night Cream is (sadly) now empty. A lovely night cream - which helps replenish and plump overnight. Both these products are packed with fantastic ingredients and smell fab (the aromas may not be everyone's cup of tea but I found myself becoming addicted!). Sadly I can't afford to re-purchase as both are expensive to buy alone - the Lighter Lotion is around £35 (ish) and the Re-juvenating Cream over £50.  Please can we have another Emma Hardie TSV?

Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo and Conditioner - just finished these two off. I'm ashamed to say I'd forgotten I had these and recently found them at the back of my (bulging) bathroom cabinet. The shampoo has a weird texture - a bit glupey, almost as if you can see the whipped egg white consistency but cleanses well and rinses easily.  The conditioner is light and creamy.  Both smell lovely and coconutty (as you would expect). Not sure I would re-purchase though as it isn't the best at thickening my ever- thinning locks but then again it isn't the worst. Fence job!

Extracts Fairtrade Mango Body Butter - got this as part of a set with shower gel and sugar scrub and finished the body butter earlier in the month. Really easy to apply (can't stand having to rub in for ages) and smells lovely and zingy (I love mangoes anyway). I would re-purchase but probably only when on offer as it's £7.95 a pot (more than I usually spend on body products) or as part of a kit.

Bionsen Roll-On Deodorant -  love this deodorant, it's gentle, effective, has a great fresh fragrance - which is good because it lingers and you can smell it as you 'waft' your arms around throughout the day! Yes I would re-purchase but think I'll try the dry stick next time because - like most liquid roll-ons -  it does take time to dry.

Ojon Restorative Pre-Cleansing Treatment - got this as part of a kit from QVC ages ago - another from the back of the cupboard I'm afraid - seem to remember this being a quick alternative to the original Restorative Treatment. You apply to dry or damp hair and leave up to 5 minutes then wash and condition as usual. Not sure whether it's been discontinued or replaced with a similar product as I can't see this tube on the Ojon Website or QVC. I wouldn't have re-purchased though as I seem to remember it was expensive (as most Ojon products are) and yes it works ok to restore condition but not to the extent that I couldn't live without it.

Marks & Spencer Essential Extracts Aloe Vera Shower Gel - love this range from good old M & S - only £1 each so complete bargain. Smells fresh and invigorating - a summertime favourite but thought I'd try and use up. Will definitely re-purchase. I want to try the other fragrances in this range and have just noticed that M & S have a 'buy one get one half price' on bath and shower products at the moment so a good time to re-stock.

The Body Shop Neroli Jasmin Eau de Toilette - I love this fragrance, smells of vanilla, sweet and warming, it's a perfect Autumn scent. I got this bottle last year I think and have noticed it appears to have been re-named as Indian Night Jasmine? (not had chance of a sniff yet but hope it hasn't changed much as this was one of my faves).

Benefit Dallas Powder - Is it a blusher? - Is it a bronzer? - It's actually described as 'the perfect combination of bronzer and blush' and for me this really is. I love this blush/bronze whatever! It's perfect for adding a bit of colour and depth, especially at this time of year when I tend to retire my baby pinks and peaches for a while. I've had this box for ages and it's only just finishing - will be putting it on my Xmas list as it's pricey but if there are any dupes out there that any of you lovely gals are aware of please let me know!

17 Peep Show Mascara - love love loving this at the moment. You can see my full review here but it's grown on me even more since then. Some mascaras sometimes need to 'thicken up' a bit after having been opened (do you find?) and this is now at it's perfect level of thickness - it's in it's prime! Just so easy to apply and lasts all day - I've been reaching for this constantly of late - will definitely re-purchase - a gem at only £6.29. Could end up being one of my all time favourite mascaras.


A couple of other favourites.... I'm really into scarves at the moment...



Got this one from our Sainsburys at the end of September when they had 25% off, love it and it's hardly been off my neck since - really versatile as it goes mostly everything.



My H & M scarf here - also from around the end of September - silky and a bit more dressy. Love the colours, tend to wear with black and navy and mostly when I don't wear my specs - I can't do 'fuss near my face' and specs too - I'm weird like that!

And - what the hell - may as well chuck in one of my all time favourites for good measure...!



Just look at the size of this beauty! It's positively HUGE - the height of my kettle! I know it's sad to get exited over washing up liquid but in my book you just can't beat a bit of Fairy. A little goes a long long way  - this should last well into next year! (maybe expect to see it on one of my empties posts in spring/summer?).

What products have you been trying to use up last month? Have you got any all time favourites?


Jen x




10 comments:

  1. hahaha I love that you added fairy. I'm quite the fan too. It's the little things in life eh Jenny? Well done on finishing a whole blusher! Products like that take forever! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mum + Dad have used Fairy for as long as I can remember! Love the Dallas powder - had it for ages! x

      Delete
  2. Love the fairy liquid, it is a must have! I tried the Boots 17 Peep Show mascara ages ago (I think I actually bought it because I liked the packaging!) & I think it is a pretty good mascara! x

    http://missjaynebecca.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - loving the 17 Peep Show - knowing me I'll try others out but it will take a good one to outdo it! x

      Delete
  3. Love the Sainsbo's scarf and must admit I once had the giant size Fairy, my daughter got it for me, lasted for about 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou - I saw it and liked it instantly, love at first sight! My little girl has asked if she can have it when I get fed up of it but that's not happening for a while - may have to buy her one of her own! x

      Delete
  4. I'm doing the same - trying to finish things up before Christmas when I usually get given a load of smellies! We have a good size fairy on the go too, but not that big! Whopper! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - if I use stuff up I'll feel better about buying loads of new smellies in the sales which is my usual trick each year - can't bear to pay through the nose for stuff when it only gets reduced! x

      Delete
  5. Your blog is so amazing and funny! :) I'm glad I found it! I love empties posts, especially this one! I found your blog via the BBU Blog Hop and followed! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou - that's really kind of you. Love empties/favourites posts too + always get carried away! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...