Friday 30 November 2012

Favourite Friday Track - The Boomtown Rats - Rat Trap!

Evening!

A late favourite today - been feeling a bit rough this week - dragged myself into work (as you do) but this morning went to bed for a couple of hours to try to recover some energy - sleeping in the daytime! - taboo in my world but needs must (my mum said I need to rest now that I'm not a spring chicken any more - and dad told me I'm taking out more than I'm putting in!). But still feel like I've wasted the day and not accomplished anything (by 'anything' I suppose I mean not charged around like an idiot all day!). Anyway load of useless info there...here's todays tune...

The Boomtown Rats - Rat Trap

Released in November 1978 Rat Trap knocked 'Summer Nights from Grease off the No 1 spot and tells the story of Billy who feels a bit p***ed off with life in his depressing home town which he calls a 'Rat Trap'. Anyone remember the ritual on Top of the Pops of the 'ripping up' of  John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John posters?






"Billy take a walk ..... with me!" 


My husband has actually met Garrick Roberts (guitarist) from the Boomtown Rats - well, went on a training course with him in 2000 and went boozing with him every night! Small world eh...?



Jen  x


3 comments:

  1. Don't feel guilty about resting up - by the sound of things you have your hands full. Take it easy this weekend if you can. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a variety of rat control methods that will help a homeowner or business owner eradicate a rat infestation that has invaded their surrounding area. Of all the different types of control methods, Pest Mall provides rat traps that may be one of the most traditional ways to control rats in an infested area.

    pestmall.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...