Friday 23 November 2012

Favourite Friday Track - Ray Charles - What'd I Say!

Bonjour.

Felt a bit fed up this morning to be honest - don't know why because Christmas is a-coming and all that - bit of low mood or whatever..... Anyway, I always want to listen to jazz/blues/soul of some sort when I feel like this - just find it therapeutic...so today's track is from one of the 'all time greats' who really needs no introduction...

Ray Charles - What'd I Say...

Released in 1959...and according to Wikipedia...
 "It was improvised one evening late in 1958 when Charles, his orchestra, and backup singers had played their entire set list at a show and still had time left; the response from many audiences was so enthusiastic that Charles announced to his producer that he was going to record it."
How fantastic is that?



I love the way this tune builds up and up and gets your foot tapping and hand banging on the table as it goes on .... and then when the brass section get going and the band all stand up at the end ...love it! ... maybe that's just my Dad's old school jazz influence coming out in me!

Feel a bit better now after listening to that - thanks Mr Charles! What would you play for a bit of musical therapy?


Jen x



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...