Saturday 10 November 2012

Half-Term Haul!

Bonjour!

Me and my gal did a bit of shopping over half term - we went to Boots and Superdrug (there's a surprise) and I picked up a few items ...



Boots had their 'Buy 1 Get 2nd Half Price' offer on ....



Maybelline Dream Touch Lumi Concealer in nude - £6.99 - I was actually after the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer as I've read so many good things about it - but Boots never seemed to have the colour I wanted (having been in a few times) so thought I'd give this a go - feedback to follow.

Bourjois Intuitive Liner - £6.99- I've been wanting to try out the Clarins 3-Dot Liner ever since I heard it creates the look of a thicker lash line but just can't justify spending £20 on it at the moment.  Bourjois Intuitive is meant to be a pretty good dupe (and obviously far more purse-friendly) so lets see what happens.


Batiste Dry Shampoo (dark and deep brown) - I can't live without my dry shampoo, particularly when my colour is growing out and dark roots are coming through (as they are at the moment). My hair seems to grease up so much more at the roots and this is a little life-saver.  Also adds texture and body without looking like I've tipped a tub of talc all over my barnet. Got two as they were reduced from £3.99  a can (rather expensive but it works for me) to £2.66.

Dove Heat Defence - have to admit I did just grab this as we were running out of time, thought I may as well try it at £2.99 as I'm  running low on heat protection spray being a regular user and all that!


Superdrug had 3 for 2 across cosmetics ...

MUA Lipstick - from left to right Shades 11, 13 and 1.



Just could not resist - £1 each and 3 for 2 for crying out loud! We went for the reds initially because my daughter wanted me to create a 'blood effect' around her mouth for Halloween (in the end we ended up using some red lip gloss!).  The dark nude/tawnyish shade 13 looks ideal for everyday wear.


MUA Nail Varnish ...



.... in Stormy Skies and Plum Noir - also a quid each, (picked up an extra lippie in shade 13 for my mum to make it up to 3 products) - a couple of lovely colours here with an Autumnal vibe - can't wait to get these on!


Not strictly 'half-term' - I actually popped back to Superdrug the other day and noticed these on offer at 2 for £3.79 which I thought pretty good.  I'm a terrible lip balm addict and re-apply throughout the day - can't stand the feeling of dry, chapped lips.  I've not tried Carmex Moisturising Lip Balm before but it's raved about by lovely Claire over at Another New Day so looking forward to trying out!  The tube will be ideal for shoving in my bag and the cute little tub for bedtime!

All in all quite a few bargains to be had at Boots and Superdrug - could easily get so carried away! Have you picked any bargains up recently?


Jen x



14 comments:

  1. 3 for 2 on one pound lippies? That is just beyond bargainous, I still can't believe how cheap MUSt are even now! Would like to hear your thoughts on those puppies as I've been meaning to get some.
    Mel x
    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Er, lippies, not puppies!xx

      Delete
    2. Have you got puppies on your mind for some reason Mel? I still can't believe the 3 for 2 on the MUA lippies either! Even if they turn out to be not the most long lasting they're still brilliant at that price for everyday use! xx

      Delete
  2. Great haul! I love the lipstick shades you got xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I could have gone mad and got some more but had to control myself! xx

      Delete
  3. I've got the lip balm but have put it in Charlie's pocket for school! Love the number 13 lipstick, its been ages since I've gone and bought loads of products like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used the lip balm today, am very impressed already. Thought MUA number 13 would be a good start to re-introduce myself back into the world of lipstick! Only reason I bought so much in one go from Boots was because I'd saved a double points voucher! xx

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the mention - I do love Carmex, especially this time of year. Superdrug are great for their offers on it! Wow on the lippie front - will be heading off for some of them! I'd be interested how the dove protection mist performs too. Im trying to wean myself off expensive hair products and want a good heat defence spray to use when straightening! Am trying a Frizz Ease one - think I got it on offer at £4 from Morrisons on holiday! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Claire! Have to say I'm already constantly reaching for the pot of Carmex - it's brilliant so thankyou! I'll try and do a review on the Dove Protection Mist at some stage - also need to wean off the expensive hair products so we'll make it a joint effort! xx

      Delete
  5. Ooh that shade 13 MUA lippie looks fab for a natural lip. Looking forward to the review of the 3 dot liner :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep I agree Mez - shade 13 is great for a more understated look! Really need to use the liner and get the review up...sooo many products I want to review - can't keep up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently bought the Dream Lumi Touch concealer too and I love it! Fab little haul :)

    Jo xx
    http://paintedglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the Lumi Touch - can't wait to try it out! x

      Delete
  8. Hi to every single one, it's truly a good for me to visit this web site, it consists of important Information.
    My web blog ... formal dresses and gowns under 100

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...