Tuesday 13 November 2012

Ginvera Green Tea Nude Cover BB Cream - Review

Bonjour!

I received this sample of Ginvera Green Tea Nude Cover BB Cream in my She Said Beauty Box back in June.  Been meaning to try it out for ages as so decided to give it a go during the half-term week.




Some information directly from Ginvera -
Enriched with premium Green Tea, Ginseng, Chinese Angelica and Hyaluronic Acid, Green Tea Nude Cover BB cream provides the benefits of blemish free concealing, sun block effects, whitening, moisturising and reduction of lines, providing a long lasting smooth and ultra light feel to nourish and perfect your skin.



The product is almost milky in texture and gives surprisingly good coverage for such a lightweight lotion  - I didn't need to use too much extra concealer. It was pretty easy to apply and gave a dewy effect to my skin's appearance although it did 'sit' in my pores a little - but not too much of a problem.

However, Ginvera claim this BB to be suitable for all skin tones, in my experience this was simply not the case.  I consider myself to be of a paler olive complexion (in winter particularly). This did not suit my colouring at all - from the moment I applied it I felt really pale and washed out - I thought it may adjust to my skin tone after a while but it didn't.  I just looked 'like me' but with whiter skin as if I'd actually taken some sort of whitening preparation.  Just couldn't seem to make it work even with bronzer and blusher applied. (Even my husband commented and he doesn't usually notice anything like that!).

It is a shame because the Ginvera BB does seem to be beneficial to skin on many levels, I'm sure it's ideal for paler skin tones and I have read many rave reviews ... just not for me I'm afraid.

What's your favourite BB of the moment?

Jen x




6 comments:

  1. I'm not sold on BB cream just yet, for now I'll stick to foundation. Thanks for sharing!

    New follower, Follow back?

    www.simplyblushed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably just need to find 'the one' for you! Thanks for the follow - will check yours out! :)

      Delete
  2. Hmm glad I didn't open the sample as I'm more a medium olive so it will definitely be too light for me. Will give it to a friend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame isn't it - I should have done the same but curiosity got the better of me! x

      Delete
  3. green tea bb cream? i so wanna try this! i'm currently using Missha BB Cream ;)

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is meant to be good for skin - not sure we can get the Missha BB over here! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...