Saturday 24 November 2012

NOTD - Maybelline Forever Strong - Extreme Blackcurrent

Bonjour!

I actually bought a couple of Maybelline Forever Strong Polishes last winter before my blogging days occurred and never got round to opening them - can you believe it? This is one of them...





Extreme Blackcurrent is probably the darkest nail polish in my possession, I was a bit worried it may be too deep a shade and too sophisticated for me (I am far from sophisticated - even at my age!) but now that I've finally cracked it open I'm loving the richness of the colour - it's  intense and glossy and reminds me of a well-rounded, full-bodied red wine!  I found the brush made application dead easy and it dried fairly quickly too. The polish didn't last for 7 days unscathed - but I only received my first 'chip' after 3 days (with top and base coat) so I was pretty pleased with that!

Anyway as it's Saturday evening why not? Cheers everyone!


Maybelline Forever Strong is priced at £4.09 from Boots or Superdrug - even better if bought whilst any of the current offers are on I think!  I'll be checking out some of the other colours in this particular range very shortly!

Have you tried out any polishes from the Maybelline Forever Strong collection?

Jen x




20 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! It's so vampy and sexy, lol. :P

    It looks great on you, I'm wearing a similar one from Barry M; I'm loving these dark purples for the cold weather! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou - it's the only bit of me that comes close to vampy and sexy!! I'm also loving the dark purples at the moment - my friend loves Barry M polishes but not tried any yet - something to look into! x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful colour - I have a couple of them from this range and they do last well even with us mums! Enjoy the wine - think I may join you after the week Ive had. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire - I don't usually go for such dark colours but really like it. The wine went down well - I'm so pathetic though - cannot take more than a couple of glasses these days without feeling woozy! Hope you got some down you too! xx

      Delete
  3. OH yes, thats a great rich color for fall :) good pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Luchessa - it is a good 'fall' colour isn't it? I'm really getting into this rich colour lark - about time too! x

      Delete
  4. Wow this is my favourite colour from your “pick- range” so far, I am not big on bright, loud colours, I prefer soft or deep like this one (not that anyone asked or cares). I got a deep red and purple and I think I am going to buy the blackcurrant one too because it looks GREAT! :o) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea - glad you like it! Funny isn't it I don't usually go for ones so deep + (or soft ones!) - I like the bright + loud ones. I care btw - always here to chat! xx

      Delete
  5. This varnish goes perfectly with your red wine Jenny ;-) So many gorgeous colours in the Forever Strong range!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Sasha - it's a perfect match! Loving the Forever Strong range - wish I'd tried them out ages ago! xx

      Delete
  6. This is such a lovely Autumnal colour! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a stunning colour. I have the red one of this and I agree it does not last 7 days but its pretty hard wearing.

    Becky
    beckys makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving it Becky + never thought I would like such a deep one but I do! It's a good job it is hard wearing the amount of times I have my hands in water! x

      Delete
  8. Lovely colour. I love deep plums/aubergines for this time of year. They always look so glossy and sophisticated. Until I discovered Essie, Maybelline were always my first port of call for polishes, I find they dry soooo quickly and lasting a good few days before wear.

    (That's not a large glass, it's just very close to the camera ;) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay I'm also favouring the deeper autumnal shades. Would you say Essie outdo Maybelline? - I'm finding my Maybelline polishes really long-wearing (for me)! Maybe I should zoom out on future 'glass of wine' shots! :)

      Delete
  9. Great colour, I love darks for winter.

    It's not a large glass, it's the perfect size glass ;)
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth - it's a great colour! Lots of interest in the size of the glass! (It is pretty big actually!) :)

      Delete
  10. Sounds like a great polish. Really love the colour too x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me too - really impressed with the staying power! One of my new favourites! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...