Sunday 6 July 2014

Shopping That Stash #1

Bonjour!

Don't know about you but one thing I have a lot of is 'stash'! My problem is, more often than not, apart from maybe skincare - I'm easily distracted and move onto the next thing ...and then the next!  Thought it was high time I tackled the situation so here are a few stashed products I've been trying to make a dent in ...!



Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment - pretty sure this is a repurchase from ages ago.  It got shoved to the back of the cupboard maybe because it's used in-between shampoo and conditioner as an extra 'middle' step. I decided to make time to add this in a couple of weeks ago and I'm glad I did! It left my hair noticeably softer after going through a dry phase.  Now I remember why I repurchased - maybe I'll repurchase again and test out the 'hair growth' aspect properly!

Nivea Creme - I have a couple of pots of this age old classic (knowing me they will have been on offer!). I dug one out a few months ago when my poor feet were suffering from the effects of wintertime! Been slathering it on most nights after a bath/shower and shoving on a pair of socks.  It's worked absolute wonders on my dry, cracked, painful heels (don't worry I'm not going to show you a before and after!) and rendered my feet fit to be seen in public! The pot is still going strong, it's cheap and cheerful, lasts for ages and does the job -  I think this will be a repurchase!

Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector in Invisible Deep - again, can't remember when I bought this, easily a couple of years ago.  It's matte golden-beige in colour and can be used under/over foundation or on it's own to conceal those open pores etc. It works well on my nose (probably as it's a bit oily - nice!) but tends to roll off and accentuate any drier areas so I use in moderation here and there, under a BB or light foundation - probably why it's lasted so long!

Balance Me Rose Otto Intensive Lip Salve - most will be aware of the super strong taste of this lip balm? It's actually a bit too strong a flavour for my liking - which is why I let it lie for a while. However I recently decided to just 'get over it' and it's actually an amazing lip hydrator. It sticks around to keep the lips hydrated even after eating and drinking (and blotting!). Just need to ignore the intense turkish delight taste!

John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Shock -  my hair product collection is verging on the ridiculous so let's make a start with the Shine Shock! I have to use sparingly - only a tiny blob, blob-ette even through mid lengths and ends. It's clear and has a jelly-like texture and does a good job of smoothing frizzy hair down, adding shine and a bit of definition. So yep - no idea why I left it so long to use up but the main thing I'm enjoying using it now!

Marks & Spencer Limited Collection Nail Polish in Pink - this is also a couple of years old and a great hot pink for summertime! Surprisingly it hasn't gone at all gloopy after all this time. It has a standard size brush, goes on very easily and dries quickly with really good coverage. Lasts pretty well too - I actually don't know why I don't own more of these polishes at £3.50, will definitely be looking at some other colours next time I'm in M&S!



So that's the start of my stash series ... yes I fear this will have to be a series! Have you been shopping your stash recently? Please tell me you have a lot of stash too?!

Jen x



5 comments:

  1. I do have a stash but it probably contains things I will never actually use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to use everything Sharron - in one way or another! x

      Delete
  2. I have so much stash!! I'm trying to get through it all. The shine shock sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is good to know Gaelle - I'm not the only stasher out there! x

      Delete
  3. I intend to have a product splurge this month Jen & you are to blame! ;) The nail polish is gorgeous! Ax

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...