Friday 2 May 2014

Happy Anniversary!!

Bonjour!

So ... this weekend the hubby and I celebrate our 17th anniversary - 17 years of wedded bliss!

Don't worry - this post isn't going to be all mushy - I don't do full on mush ... but ... you know those butterflies that you get in your tummy when you first meet 'the one' - well I can't say it's a full blown 'big mother' butterfly these days but there's still a bit of a mini-moth type thing fluttering around in there when I hear his voice. We discussed this at work the other week and the majority of the girls knew where I was coming from - although one friend categorically stated not and had us in stitches!  Remember that scene from Friends where they talk about 'finding your lobster' - well I guess he's my lobster - despite the fact that he never fails to leave his 'newly removed' whiffy socks on the front room rug every evening and his post workout gym clothes smell like battery acid ... love eh!!

He reckons this is one of our tracks from when we first met in 1992/1993 ...

Bizarre Inc - I'm Gonna Get You



Yes ... I remember bopping away (in my 90s clubbing gear - some of which I still have and must share with you at some stage for a laugh!) to this many a time ... a time when we both had substantially more energy and hair ...! Happy Anniversary Mr G!

Do you still get moths or even butterflies when you see/hear your OH?  What's your tune from when you first met?

Jen x



22 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary and what a fab tune x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Happy Anniversary to you both! Would love to see you in your cubbing gear! Lol! Daddy G DJ Kicks was an album we listened to lot back in the day....& I know all about the whiffy socks too except my OH leaves them by the bed every night for me to pick up in the morn! Love eh?! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! Not sure I can fit into much of the club gear anymore and don't want to scare anyone! x

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Hope you had a lovely day :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mwah congratulations to you both. I like full on mush xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna - can cope with a tiny bit of mush but not too much! x

      Delete
  5. Happy anniversary! It'll be 18 years for us this year, 20 years together, eeeek, surely I'm still only 20 years old!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I know the feeling - time flies when you're having fun! x

      Delete
  6. Aw happy anniversary Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary Jen and Hubs and no I don't, can't stand the sight of him most of the time lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharron! You do crack me up you do! x

      Delete
  8. Happy Anniversary Jenny! Congratulations xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...