Monday 5 May 2014

April Empties!

Bonjour!

Ok so I know I say this every month but did we really get to the end of April last week? A few weeks from now and we'll be half way through the year and the kids will only have a few weeks of school term left ... can't get my head round it!

April Empties then ...

A picture of April Empties

Nivea Stress Protect Anti-Perspirant  - I've used the dry stick version of this and found it really effective (I am usually stressed anyway so need something potent!) - however this spray didn't quite hit the spot and definitely didn't perform as well as the little dry stick - so I won't be repurchasing.

Q Radiance The Fine Fragrance Body Spray - love these Fine Fragrance sprays for my gym bag - smells of fresh flowers, always welcome after a sweaty gym session! This is the second time I've emptied one of these out - this one was half price in Sainsburys so I snapped it up. Will repurchase when it's on offer again.

Tesco Softening Body Lotion - I have both this Cocoa Butter and the Aloe Vera formula permanently in place in the bathroom.  They're both so easy to apply (no excess rubbing here!), super cheap and last for ages - brilliant for every day use. Have repurchased many times.

Percy and Reed Bodifying Cream -  a great styling product, you can apply exactly where you want it, doesn't gunk your hair up unless you use far too much. Granted I do chop and change my styling products a lot (I have a fair few to use) but I only need one good pump of this for my barnet and it's lasted ages. Full review from last year is here

Biotherm Aquasource Deep Serum - the lovely Biotherm lady in Boots very kindly gave me these samples to try. I must admit Biotherm products fascinate me, especially the serums - it's all that aquatic and deep sea stuff I reckon. This particular serum is light and silky, smells amazingly fresh and left my skin really soft and hydrated.  Would love to try a full size someday to check out the long term benefits - just need to decide which one to choose first!

Aveeno Skin Relief Shea Butter Moisturising Lotion - I know this is technically a body lotion but I always have one of these round the house and slap it on my hands or any eczema prone bits when they feel extra sore. I can afford to be liberal with this big size - will repurchase.

Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum - my skin seems to like all the Vichy products I've tried so far and this is no exception. I use it every morning under moisturiser to keep my skin hydrated - the bottle has lasted from November until the start of April.  Have already re-purchased. Full review here.

Gatineau Defi-Lift Revolumising Lipcare - my favourite bedtime lippie treatment - helps with fine lines around the lip area as well as being soothing, hydrating and conditioning - a great all rounder. Love it and my mum has already supplied me with another to use every night! Review here.

And one more regular empty ...

A picture of April Empties


... another bottle of my beloved cumin seeds, I'm obsessed with the stuff and would use it in practically everything if I could! Needless to say I have repurchased ...!

What products did you use up last month?

Jen x



18 comments:

  1. Loving the sound of the Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum x
    www.beautyqueenuk.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha that made me laugh! I don't think I've run out of anything in April, you get through way more products than me! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a product junkie Sharron - I do have loads on the go at once though! x

      Delete
  3. I used up another Molton Brown Bashukan shower gel - LOVE that stuff! And I'm going through Neutrogena SPF 55 non-breaksout face cream like no ones business now it's in the 80s here!! Oh and I need more Jergens glow to top the legs up:) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love Molten Brown Joanna! Not fair - wish it was in the 80s here! x

      Delete
  4. The Vichy serum sounds good! Also you've reminded me that I need to pick up some more cumin seeds, I've been eating them with every meal recently! x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favourites Evelyn! Love those cumin seeds! x

      Delete
  5. I have quite a few hair styling/maintenance products on the go too, the only one I buy regularly is the Aussie Leave In Conditioner. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope, I didn't finish anything but down to the last dregs of Elizabeth Arden Double Wear foundation. Really gone off this, it's so cakey. I was sent some Arbonne samples by a reader so I'm going to give that a go next xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant Estée Lauder of course not EA doh! x

      Delete
    2. I know a lot of people swear by it Donna but never tried it! x

      Delete
  7. I love Aveeno - I'm very brand loyal so it will take something amazing to make me switch!
    Simone | Thirty Something OAP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Aveeno too Simone - great for sensitive skin! x

      Delete
  8. Ha we go through cumin seeds like they're going out of fashion as well! I like the sound of the vichy serum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not the only cumin seed fanatic then Gaelle! x

      Delete
  9. Warm, aromatic & nutty.....just like you Jenny! Lol! You make me want to run to Boots & buy everything! I miss spurlging on products & when I'm a working girl again I sure am going to treat myself! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...