Friday 20 September 2013

Nina Simone - Love Me or Leave Me

Bonjour...

Been a long long week and at the end of a long long week sometimes you want to let your hair down, go out and get wasted (depending on your age/income/level of fatigue - in no particular order!).  Sometimes though you just want to lose yourself in something mellow but powerful (whether or not you're wasted!) - sometimes nothing else hits the spot quite like a bit of our Nina....!

Nina Simone - Love Me or Leave Me




This is my absolute favourite version of this age-old tune. I love the variations on the basic melody and the swinging jazz vibe with the 'Bach' style solo played by Nina herself in the middle of the song - a fascinating combination ...!

I'm sat looking at the piano thinking I should really get into playing again - you could totally lose yourself in the thing! Not that I could ever play it that well or even consider singing and playing together - far too difficult! (I'll stick to singing!) And if I ever got to sing this tune on a gig - well this would be the style I'd choose - with a few of my own nuances thrown in of course!

What style of music do you fancy losing yourself in this weekend?

Jen x




2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...