Sunday 8 September 2013

Mally Instant Impact Mascara - Review

Bonjour!

I seem to have accumulated a few mascaras waiting for a review and this is one of them.  The Mally Instant Impact Mascara was one of the products included in the Mally TSV from QVC (how did you guess?) back in April ...



The brush is a rubber type and is made is made up of clusters or 'balls' (no rudeness intended there!) of different length 'spikes' (but not painful ones!) which graduate in size down to the smallest at the tip.  It's not super stiff and has a little give in it so is comfortable to use even on my short lashes - (unlike some spiky wands where you end up poking or scratching yourself in the eye!) - good for grabbing the lashes and coating them evenly.  The formula is on the wet side but not overly so and is a smooth, glossy black pigment.

This has been my go-to mascara for the last few months.  A couple of quick coats in the morning is ideal for me (you could easily get away with one coat I reckon if you have more lashes than me!). I find it's better to apply one coat directly after the other rather than waiting until the lashes have completely dried. It doesn't smudge, flake or run (I've had teary eyes at end of term school concerts and there was no panda activity!)  but comes off relatively easily with a suitable remover. I took it on holiday this year - applied in the morning and it stayed there all day with no meltdown - even in the heat (I didn't partake in any underwater activity!).

Just a couple of very quick coats concentrated on the top and a tiny bit on the bottom for daytime (no eyelash curlers used).  If you're a reader of my blog you'll know how pathetic my bare lashes are so this length and definition on my top lashes is a result!



I must admit I was sceptical about the Mally Instant Impact Mascara but it's been a great all rounder.   It's only just starting to clump and dry a little in the tube now after five months of use.  My only gripe - and probably the reason I've not posted this review before now is that it doesn't seem to be sold here in the UK as a separate item - only in the same QVC kit I originally purchased or over on QVC USA as a $30 duo. Wonder if this will change in the future?

Have you tried the Mally Instant Impact Mascara? What's your favourite of the moment?

Jen x



4 comments:

  1. No but you have reminded me to go and buy myself a mascara. I can't even say a new mascara because my old one has run out - I don't have one full stop. I am a real beauty novice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue - I daren't tell you how many 'spare' mascaras I have waiting in the wings - you'll think I'm weirdo! :)

      Delete
  2. I've never tried this brand and have to say I really am not a fan of the rubber/spiky wands. Give me a good old fashioned 'brush' wand and I'm happy lol. I've been trialing a couple of mascaras at the moment, one from No7 and a rimmel one. I've been looking for more 'cost-effective' mascaras as they are one of the things I get through heaps of but neither are anything to write home about! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This wand seems to work for me Kay - although Mally does a volumising mascara with a normal brush (which I also like!). I get through heaps of mascara too - cost effective is always good! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...