Wednesday 9 April 2014

March Empties ... & Misses!

Bonjour!

To put it mildly it's been a bit hectic round these parts so a bit late with my March empties but never mind eh?  ...


Noble Isle Summer Rising Bath and Shower Gel - from a beauty box ages ago. What a gorgeous product, really does smell of summertime, flowers and sunshine. It's expensive but would love the hubby to buy this as a pressie for me sometime as a little treat!

Mandara Spa Tropical Blooms Softening Body Cream - lovely - heady and floral. Not the quickest to rub in (so I tend to save it for weekends) but it does leave skin soft and the fragrance lingers for ages.   Definitely will repurchase (again) and Mandara Spa are on offer frequently in Sainsburys so even better!

Maybelline Colossal Volum'Express Mascara in Black - I haven't had much success with Maybelline mascaras in the past. This one is ok but not brilliant - it doesn't make my lashes colossal or anything. I don't know - I've used big brushes before but the bristles in this one don't overly get on with my lashes and the formula seems a bit thin - just not feeling the colossal love unfortunately - shame!

Balance Me Super Moisturising Hand Cream - this is described as a blend of skin conditioners, butters and oil meant to help out even the driest of hands? I think I can safely say that my hands fall into this category! I prefer to apply last thing at night as it's quite rich but lovely and moisturising on my sore dry hands.

Liz Earle Nourishing Botanical Body Cream - a regular repurchase - love this as it's so gentle but soothing. Wish I could afford to use it all the time but I can't so tend to save it for days when my eczema is playing up or my skin feels extra irritated and it works wonders!

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Topcoat - this really does get your nails touch dry in a jiffy with a lovely glossy finish. Unfortunately my nail polish didn't last much longer than a couple of days (that would be nothing short of a miracle!) and now it's gone all gloopy and sticky with still a third left in the bottle so I'll have to chuck it!

L'Oreal Revitalift 10 Repair Daily Moisturiser - I've used (and liked) the BB from the same range so thought this would be a good choice of day moisturiser but it's not worked for me.  I don't feel that it moisturises enough and every time I take it onto my neck it brings my eczema out so going to have to give up on it.  There's still a little left so will have to use it on my elbows or feet or something!

What have you used up last month? Have you had any 'misses'?

Jen x





15 comments:

  1. I'm the same with L'Oreal I think its because its far to scented, great idea using whats left on your elbows though, I usually just chuck xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely have to agree with you about the Maybelline mascaras - the formula is horribly thin and I find I can only create either barely-there subtle or clumpy lashes with them!

    Ellie xx | http://theleobeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and guess what I have one more Maybelline mascara in my stash to use! :)

      Delete
  3. I am a big fan of the Balance Me hand cream x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I ran out of anything, oh yes Dermalogica face masque. I love the Mandara Spa range, I got a gift set for xmas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a couple of Mandara gift sets super cheap in the sales Sharron so I'm sorted for a while! xx

      Delete
  5. I have the maybelline mascara in my drawer, won't be rushing to use it then ;)

    Honey Go-Lightly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it may work for you Sam but didn't for me! x

      Delete
  6. What is it with top coats and gloopiness eh? They all go that way before you get to finish them properly! And I can't remember a Maybelline mascara I have got on with in a looong time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I hate the gloops Gaelle and giving up on Maybelline mascaras after I've used the last one in my stash! x

      Delete
  7. I do like the Balance Me hand cream but just not keen on the scent! I don't think I've ever used up a nail varnish - they always go gloopy first!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the scent Sasha - can't put my finger on it but do quite like it! xx

      Delete
  8. The Mandara Spa cream sounds fab! I'm in need of a few things....why does everything run out at the same time?! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have stuff tucked away Andrea - it's a wonder I manage to store it all! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...