Wednesday 12 March 2014

L'Oreal Paris Everstrong Shampoo, Conditioner and Intense Nourishing Mask - Review

Bonjour!

Try saying this lot in one breath then ... 'L'Oreal Paris Hair Expertise Everstrong No Sulphates Reinforcing System' ... actually - breathe here ... 'Shampoo, Conditioner and Nourishing Intense Mask' ... mouthful or what?

If you read my blog you'll be aware of my haircare junkie tendencies and my recent efforts to sort my barnet out.  I picked this lot up before Christmas when Boots had one of their 3 for 2 offers on.  The EverStrong range seemed a good option as my 'fragile, brittle hair' had been doing my head in and I wanted to try a 'No Sulphate' range ...


You may have seen my review on L'Oreal Elvive Triple Resist (here) which I do think helped with the overall state my hair and scalp.  I wanted to give the Everstrong range a go as it was targeting the same concerns but from the 'No Sulphate' corner and so used this shampoo, conditioner and mask for a solid month recently.

Once you've saturated your barnet the shampoo foams really well considering it is sulphate free and gives you that squeaky clean feeling.  The conditioner is effective but light enough to not weigh my hair down.  The mask is creamier in texture - I used this approx once/twice a week and left it on for the standard 3-5 minutes - as on the can (sometimes longer).  The combination of these three products leaves my hair soft, shiny and manageable with noticeable bounce - this is one of the things that first struck me actually - the bounce!  The rosemary and mint give the shampoo and conditioner a fresh and clean fragrance that lingers (the mask has more of a buttery smell to it). You know when your hair gets swished around in the day (mine only swishes a little but still!) and you get a waft of a nice smell - that's the one!

If you like going down the 'no sulphate' route then this lot may be worth a try - certainly with this particular 'reinforcing' range my  hair feels stronger and healthier, with no build-up, no itchy flaky scalp and as with the Elvive Triple Resist - not so much hair going down the plughole! The more hair I can keep attached to my head the better all round!

I have so many haircare products to use up (if I ever achieve this I'll have a party - seriously I have a problem!) and I am notorious for chopping and changing my shampoo/conditioners - I think your hair does benefit from a bit of a change (probably not as frequently as I have been known to in the past!). However, I can see me keeping the L'Oreal Everstrong range as a permanent fixture in the (heaving) bathroom cabinet! I recently tried yet another range and then went back to the Everstrong for a bit of extra nourishment.  It seems like the perfect product for me to dip into every now and again to give my hair a proper 'sulphate-free' spring clean whilst maintaining condition and strength.

Do you chop and change your haircare? Have you tried any products from the L'Oreal Paris Hair Expertise range?

Jen x



9 comments:

  1. Sounds good as I'm all about the low sulphate now! I haven't seen this one though and have been using Tresemme x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liking the low sulphate factor Sharron! x

      Delete
  2. I do chop and change a bit, but always then go back to the old favourites ! I love the Liz Earle one still and am enjoying the Bee Strong as it seems to suit my hair ( and I can get it from Wilkinsons for £! !!) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still need to try the Bee Strong Claire! xx

      Delete
  3. I love sulphate free hair care products (and shower gels) and I do believe they have helped me in my hair growing in the last two years. I think the fact that more and more of the mainstream haircare companies are going down this route is proof that they're working for people. Great to see and I'm definitely trying this one out once my current shampoo/conditioner is finished x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Avril - your hair looks fantastic too! xx

      Delete
  4. I've changed to no SLS and my scalp is thanking me for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to keep the scalp happy Gaelle - so important! xx

      Delete
  5. Love the no sulphate ranges Jenny and it's great to see more of them out there. I will definitely have to try this as the rosemary and mint combination is a scent right up my street! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...