Wednesday 26 November 2014

The Smallest Haul ...!

Bonjour!

Did anyone witness any actual daylight today because it seems like twilight has descended upon us - hate this grey, murky, damp weather - my hair hates it too!  Unfortunately, according to the long term weather forecast things don't look much better over the next few days, not one 'sunshine' symbol to be seen (in these parts anyway!), only pesky black cloud - pants!

Anyway - just a few bits and pieces I've picked up over the last few weeks here ... been trying to restrain myself but you know when an 'offer' hits you in the face - sometimes one has to do that thang ...!



OGX Anti-Breakage Keratin Oil Shampoo/Conditioner & Biotin & Collagen Thick and Full Oil Treatment - I've been wanting to try more from OGX after using their Hydrating Macadamia Oil range in the Summer - review here. When Boots had one of their 3 for 2 offers on I dithered around over which to choose (there are so many!) but finally went for anti-breakage and thick and full!  I've already dipped into the oil - call me a bad blogger for doing so before taking the photograph but I couldn't wait!

Gatineau Floracil Eye Make-Up Remover - a firm favourite,  as you will know if you read my blog!  I spotted this kit on offer at £18 from John Lewis this weekend and jumped straight to it - no P+P either as I had it delivered to my local Waitrose to collect! A 400ml bottle plus 50ml travel size plus a make-up bag was a complete no-brainer - as the 400 ml usually comes in at around £22-24.  I was so tempted to order two sets but held back - this supersize will last for months so I can relax for a while!
 


Tell me ... if you were to pop into Boots for just the one item of make-up ie the Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Gel Eyeshadow in Permanent Taupe and realise the 3 for 2 is across all make-up brands - would you a) just stick to the original item and walk away ... or b) grab another two products of similar value ie Sleek Make-Up Eau La La Liners in Cocoa and Molasses and come home with the three?  No prizes for guessing which path I followed ...!




Last but not least I finally got to H&M last week to take advantage of my 20% discount card with Glamour magazine.  Red mohair mix sweater - may end up being my Christmas Day jumper - just love the colour!  Fitted denim shirt - need to get my thinking cap on and style this with something other than my usual/perpetual jeans - is double denim acceptable these days?  I don't want to resemble a member of Status Quo!  Suggestions from you lovely fashion bloggers welcome! Orange woolly hat - to brighten my barnet up on a dull day! Thanks again Glamour!


What have you picked up recently? Did you get hold of the 20% H&M Discount card? Double denim - yes or no?


Jen x




10 comments:

  1. Get the 3 for 2 every time, lol!! I'm off to Edinburgh tomorrow for a couple of days with my man & I have my 20% H&M voucher in my purse ready to use! I just can't bring myself to do the double denim thing - looks very cool on the young 'uns, I'd feel like a total plank though! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds Sarah! I'll let you know how I get on with the double denim! xx

      Delete
  2. You could wear the denim shirt over a casual dress or tunic? I went into a H&M at the weekend but it was a right mess, couldn't find anything I liked! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea Sasha! Our H & M isn't too bad there are too many things I like! xx

      Delete
  3. Loving the idea of cocoa eyeliner, black is too harsh for me. I need this in my life. Yes double denim is good. I tend to break up the effect with a jumper or jacket or wear differing shades top and bottom x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't very often wear full on black eyeliner Donna - bit harsh for me too! Taking on board the double denim tips - thanks! xx

      Delete
  4. Love your Zh&M haul. Great colours, Jenny! I did a post this week about it but I've not been instore yet. Trying to resist as ive spent lots already! Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne! Instore is bad - so much temptation! xx

      Delete
  5. I'm a sucker for the 3 for 2s too Jen! Love your clothes haul! I need a new denim shirt & the colour of that one looks great! Ax

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...