Sunday 12 July 2015

June Empties ...

Bonjour!

So ... June has come and gone ... it was a really busy month with my girl's birthday and my boy's confirmation at church as well as bashing my nose in at the gym ...  as you do! A few empties here then ...


A picture of June Empties


Gatineau Melatogenine Refreshing Cream Cleanser - love this cleanser, it's a bit of a multi-tasker which you can read about in my full review here.  The super-size tube lasts for ages and I've already repurchased!  

Dove Youthful Vitality Thickening Essence and Charles Worthington Strength and Repair Pro-Heat Milk - these two were included in my 2014 favourites. I do dip in and out of other 'thickening products' but seem to come back to the Dove Thickening Essence - this is my third bottle! Also just cracked open my third of the Charles Worthington Pro-Heat Milk - I tried to manage without it for a couple of weeks but my hair had other ideas so I caved in and got myself another - full review here.

John Frieda Full Repair Hydrate and Rescue Shampoo and Deep Conditioner - another couple of my hair stash used - only another 100 or so to go now (joking!).  I quite like this range - it does leave hair smoother, maybe causes a little build up though so I have to switch my products around. Annoyingly ... I'm still left with a bit of the standard Hydrate and Rescue Conditioner (does everyone have this problem?) so will have to use with another shampoo - no shortage there! I'm not even thinking about repurchasing  as I have so many other products to use up and am completely ignoring the fact that there is also a Strengthen and Restore category from this same range over on the Boots website!

E45 Repair and Protect Overnight Hand Cream - my stash of hand creams is similar  to my haircare products - ok maybe not quite as bad but it's a healthy stash!  This is a really good one for sore hands - applied before bed it's not too thick, thin or sticky. It moisturises well, is non- stingy (so important!) and leaves hands soothed and soft!

M&S Formula Sensitive Eye Make-Up Remover - I picked this up in desperation when I had run out of my usual Gatineau Floracil and didn't expect much but it's a really good little product - does a great job of eye-make-up removal and is a decent price at £3.50/100ml, I've since got hold of some more Floracil but I'll definitely use this one again.  Apologies for being a 'doubting Thomas' M&S!

Sainsburys Coconut Body Wash - cheap and cheerful - sometimes on offer at £0.75, smells fine and gets the job done- what more is there to say!

Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil - I'm gutted that this has come to an end after many months - I do love my facial oils! Will definitely repurchase - you can read my full review here.  

Seventeen Lip Crayon - this was part of a Christmas kit and I love it - or rather loved it! It's balmy and moisturising with a hint of nude colour but not stickiness - one you can apply without a mirror and it's been a staple in my handbag for months. As a result I've lost the lid and now the shade name has worn off and I can't seem to get a similar one from Boots so I've blown it really!

Benefit Rollerlash and Maybelline Lash Sensational - I've been impressed with the both of these ... reviewed here and here. I could kick myself for not picking up an extra sample size of Rollerlash when it was a magazine freebie,  it's so easy and effective - I may have to break my 'expensive mascara code' and treat myself to the full size! Maybelline Lash Sensational is also a good one that has been compared to Roller Lash - it takes a bit more work as it can clump and as the tube has been coming to an end it's got even clumpier so it's time to move on!

So ... those are June's empties ... I don't even want to think about July's because then we'll be coming to the end of Summer ... nooooo!  Have you used any of these products? What have you used up last month? 


Jen x


6 comments:

  1. I used to have one of those expensive mascara rule/code, broke that and don't regret it at all! I've got the rosehip oil thing on my wishlist but will wait for winter I think. Hope your nose is getting better x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gaelle the nose is on the mend. Think I'm about to break the rule/code too! x

      Delete
  2. You must be rubbing off on me Jen as my products stash is growing! I love the Boots lip crayons too & really need to get a nude one asap. Try the Dr. Organic Vit E oil as I'd love to hear what you think of it! Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't talk to me about product stash Andrea - mine never stops growing! I must get hold of the Dr Organic Oil! xx

      Delete
  3. I still want to try the Maybelline Lash Sensational. Hopefully Benefit will do another Roller Lash freebie in future! xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a go Sasha - it's a good one! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...