Wednesday 25 March 2015

Bobbi Brown Blush in Tawny - Review

Bonjour!

Good grief I've had this blusher for ages ... it was a belated Christmas present (the Christmas before last) from my brother which I got to choose myself!  I knew that if I didn't buy myself something special I'd just fritter the money away on bits and bobs - anyone else guilty of this?  I therefore set out with the intention of obtaining one of the iconic Bobbi Brown Pot Rouges and came back with a powder blush (as you do!) - the Bobbi Brown Blush in Tawny ...

A picture of the Bobbi Brown Blush in Tawny

A picture of the Bobbi Brown Blush in Tawny


I think it was the swatch (as you can see above) that did it for me - I've got a thing about pinky brown, fleshy type blushers - you know the sort that you reach for when you want a bit of something that's not too obvious. bright or shimmery.  I must admit, I was a bit disappointed at first that once applied and blended it seems to take on more of a paler pink tone than I'd expected, so although it's sits fine over a full foundation, I tend to use for a wash of natural colour on BB or CC days and for this purpose it's perfect - plus it can always be added over the top of a bronzer for a deeper flush. Once on it seems to stay put for hours and has a refined, silky texture and a soft, matte finish - you only need the tiniest amount as it's pretty well pigmented (this is not one to swirl around with your brush as you'll pick up far too much product, just a light tap is all that's required).  Although it's definitely a luxury buy at £19/3.7g, I can see it going on for ages and ages!

Over a BB'd kite ... no idea why I have such a starstruck look on my face ... !


A picture of the Bobbi Brown Blush in Tawny


So that's my first blush from Bobbi Brown - looking at the range of gorgeous colours I'm hoping it won't be my last!  Have you tried the Bobbi Brown Powder Blush? Which is your favourite?

Jen x




14 comments:

  1. Love the colour Jenny G - definitely will try this. Love the Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - very kind of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this colour on you Jenny . Haven't been around much as you know, but am slowly getting back into the swing of daily life and catching up on my favourite blogs. Life can be a roller coaster thats for sure:( xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire. It's lovely to have you back - take care of yourself xx

      Delete
  4. That color looks so good on you....I haven't tried BB's powder blushes, but have a cream one which is excellent, so pigmented that I only need a dot! Love most Bob B products, but recently had a reaction to one of their foundations...... Turns out it was the lavender in it? They were brilliant and gave me a full refund and a replacement product....So thumbs up for great customer service! Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great that you got a replacement Helen! I have to try the cream blusher - it has to be done! xx

      Delete
  5. Its a gorgeous colour on you Jen! I recently bought a Bourjois cream blush on your recommendation! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! I love my Bourjois cream blush, I want more! xx

      Delete
  6. Never tried the bobbi brown blushes but this looks stunning! Love it on your skin tone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gaelle! Lovely to have you back on the blogging scene xx

      Delete
  7. I've never used Bobbi Brown but this looks gorgeous on you. Great colour! Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Lynne - I reckon this would suit most skintones xx

      Delete
  8. I haven't used a Bobbi Brown product before but I love the colour. Definitely a great choice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the shade it's gorgeous. Bobbi Brown is out of my price range but when I next go to York Designer Outlet i'm definitely going to browse and see if I can find anything x
    han // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...