Sunday 24 February 2013

Bare Minerals Tinted Mineral Veil - Review

Bonjour!

I've never been much in to the whole 'powdered thing' - most of the powders I've used have had an overly matte finish - which just makes my nose look huge. It's no secret that I'm a big Bare Minerals fan and I've had this pot of  Bare Minerals Tinted Mineral Veil SPF 25 since before my blogging days - it's now coming to an end.  I don't know why I didn't blog about it sooner to be honest!





So - I use Mineral Veil over the top of either my bb or foundation.  You just tap a little of the product out into the lid (it has a lockable sifter so it's easy to tap out just the right amount), swirl your brush around and sweep over your face or buff in lightly.  As with most  Bare Minerals products it's better to start off with a little (they say usually about the amount of the sprinkles of chocolate on your cappuccino!) and then add more if needed.  I've used Original Mineral Veil but found it be a little pale for my skin tone. The Tinted option is a peachy/beige which suits my colouring much better. It warms up my complexion but not in an 'orange'  or 'overly-flushed pink' way and conceals any grey or yellow undertones which my skin seems to sport - especially at this time of year.  It helps to conceal my open pores, reduce shine on my t-zone without clogging and I find 'diffuses' rather than 'sits in' any fine lines. It has a velvety, airbrushed rather than matte effect - so my nose is happy! I usually buff a little into my brush and shove it in my make-up bag to take to work for a lunch-time touch up - no rudeness intended there!

Bare Minerals Mineral Veil is available in several options - Original, Tinted, Hydrating and Illuminating and I've recently noticed a Bronzing option on Boots website. I've only ever bought from QVC here, where the Tinted Veil  is around £17/9g but prices vary according to the option and obviously where you buy from.  I'm tempted to try Hydrating or Illuminating but maybe Bronzing would be a good choice for the summer?

I don't think the pics above do the product justice but I do find it to be my ideal finishing product and will re-purchase. Have you tried Bare Minerals Mineral Veil - which is your preferred option?

Jen x

21 comments:

  1. I love mineral veil, but I stick to the transparent one as I'm so pale - it's amazing stuff! It's the best stuff in the world for a touch up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! - and are you being rude there Karen? x

      Delete
  2. I've never tried the mineral veil! I didn't much like the foundation, I think it ended up breaking me out, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a huge fan of powders either Jen to be honest but saying that I do use a byterry mineral one I got from space nk but only on holiday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I've never been a powder girl Sharron - even when I was a youngster! x

      Delete
  4. I do love mineral veil but I use the original as I find that it doesnt mattify your skin as much!
    Poppy | far away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The original is too light for me - I don't find this tinted version so mattifying - that's why I like it! x

      Delete
  5. i never really use powders either, unless i'm going on a night out. interested in trying this as the one i use does leave a matte effect and i'd much prefer the airbrush effect you mention above haha.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I love a bit of airbrush - especially at my age! x

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sending me your link on Twitter. I love the mineral veil! I find it gives a natural, but matte finish on my oily t-zone.

    www.gymbagsandgladrags.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem - it does give a natural finish! x

      Delete
  7. I've often wondered about Bare Minerals. I like the sound of this a lot. Great review

    M

    xx

    http://cosmeticsshoppingandintoxication.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny - I have been watching you tube reviews on this this week - couldn't find a decent one to watch to be honest, then got distracted by the girl who burnt her hair off!! Anyway I am so tempted to try this as I really need a new powder - threw the remnants of my v. old one out and now have nothing left!! Shiny nose time!! Will prob give it a go now . Thank you - good timing!! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't cope with a shiny nose either Claire! You can always try it out from QVC and return if you don't get on with it! xx

      Delete
  9. wow you sure sold this to me Jenny! It seems really similar to my ELF mineral booster which I would recommend if you're looking for a dupe? I wonder how the 'hydrating' powder would work!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mez - I'll have to have a look at the ELF mineral booster - not tried any ELF products! I also wonder how the hydrating veil would work but the more I think about it the more I'm edging towards the bronzing! x

      Delete
  10. This looks gorgeous on you, but the paler version is still too dark for me! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gemma - what a shame - maybe one of the other options (apart from bronzing) would suit? xx

      Delete
  11. I´ll try it if I get the chance! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...