Friday 22 February 2013

De La Soul - Say No Go!

Yo man!

So this half term has been a funny old week. I just wanted to spend some time chilling out with the kids and cooking nice things but a couple of domestic crisis(s) threw everything into turmoil (I say 'everything' but mainly mean 'me') - hence I've just not been feeling myself and have been performing all the usual tasks like a robot in sand/fog/mist whatever! I'll not bore anyone with details (already did that with friends at work - sorry girls - love you loads!) but think we're getting sorted (slowly) now.  I'm getting my head around things and trying not to get down about stupid trivial stuff! Stupid me - stupid hormonal imbalance to blame I'm sure - stupid hormones - stupid!

Anyway ...  De La Soul - one of mine and hubby's favourites - he dug the brilliant album '3 Feet High And Rising' out the other day, played it in the car yesterday and I found my head nodding to the beat ...



- so hard to choose a fave track but this is one of them...

De La Soul - Say No Go!

Released in 1989 it contains sampling from I Can't Go For That (No Can Do) by Hall & Oates and has a serious side to it regarding drug (crack cocaine) use ...




My friend and I would go out most Thursday nights to 'dance, house and hip-hop night' at our favourite nightclub and I remember bopping away with my spiral perm (no really it looked ok in those days!) to special mixes of this superb track many many times ... it reminds me of a time when my biggest worry was what to wear on a night out...!


Jen x


7 comments:

  1. Awww Jenny I hope you're ok now. Hormones make everything 100 times worse too don't they? Lots of love to you. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am ok thanks Claire - have come back down to earth! Yes - sometimes I hate my abundance of hormones! xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like my week love, I blame not getting away to Dubai, I have been in a trance and done nothing with my poor boy. I've got back to bed once the girls have gone to work and have felt like crap for it and left wondering why there are no hours left in the day! Need to pull myself together pronto! Hope you have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a shame you didn't book that last minute deal Sharron - remember Max and Tanya next time! Trances sound familiar and yes if I sleep in I usually feel heavy headed and worse for it and then guilty that I haven't spent every waking minute slogging away! Hope you have a lovely weekend too and enjoy your party! xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like every mum's half term! School hols kind of always throw me out and especially as my Hubs joined the boys and decided to take the week off as well means that everything really goes to pot!

    I was so surprised when I popped past and saw this De La Soul CD being featured. The hubs was looking for that a few years back and could not get it for love or money. And I didn't know about the Hall and Oates cover - they're another favourite of mine. We went to see them a number of years back at the Manchester Apollo and they were superb. The Hubs didn't rate them until the show and was converted big time. There is a band called the Bird and the Bee and they have an album which covers just Hall & Oates tracks in a really laid back way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems most things out of the routine throw me out these days Sue - need to be more like one of my friends and take everything in my stride! Can't remember where we got the CD from - may well have been good old HMV - but obviously years ago! I was a big Hall and Oates fan too - bet the gig was brilliant! Must have a listen to the Bird and the Bee at some stage. Thankyou for stopping by! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...