Wednesday 27 February 2013

Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate - Review

Bonjour!

I've had this Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate in shade 01 for (yep you guessed) a few months. Best do a quickie review before it's discontinued or something ;) !




Now 01 (wish it had a proper name!) to me looks like a true pillar-box red in 'real life'.  Not sure if there's a hint of a dark orange thing going on in these pics though?  Gets more confusing because when I wore it to work the other day my friend said it looked like a pinky red (must be the rubbish office lighting!)  Anyway - I applied a little balm first, stuck the lippie on, blotted and re-applied. Don't usually wear such bright lippie to work as a rule but just went for it on this occasion. My manager(ess) actually said it looked ok while we were in the kitchen!

It has a creamy texture and didn't dry out my lips - it's not a matte but also not too shiny.  Pleased to report that after my morning cuppa and toast it was still pretty vibrant but just lost some of the sheen (I know this as I went to the loo to check!). My lips were still stained (evenly) a couple of hours later after my mid-morning apple (I do actually do some work when I'm at my desk and not just eat all day!).  So - basically... I like this lippie and am quite impressed with it's staying power.

Quick pic here (with crappy 2nd day hair that was about to be tied up!)...will I ever get the hang of this 'taking photos of myself' lark?



The Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate is available at Boots here priced at £5.49. (I actually got mine from Tesco!)

 Have you tried out Rimmel Lasting Finish? Which shade did you get?

Jen x

14 comments:

  1. Jen you look stunning! I love this red though it's SO pigmented I don't wear it often - it's such a true red though and I agree with you that it's not at all pinky.

    Fabulous dahling!

    Nic xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nic! - not sure about the stunning thing but thanks - I'm so rubbish at accepting compliments (my friends tell me off!). Yes you're right it's very pigmented and hung around for ages in a totally good way! xx

      Delete
  2. nice shade..
    http://fashionwithfitness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice colour on you honey, bit dark for me but I like it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharron - I seem to be going darker and darker don't I? xx

      Delete
  4. This shade suits you so much! I've tried the 107 Kate lipstick and I love the formula :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy - I love the look of the Kate 107! xx

      Delete
  5. Looks great on you - I tend to go for plum undertones rather than red as they don't suit me so much. Wish I could though :( Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire - I do have a few plummy shades but think I'm a red girl at heart! You could always try a red colour as a stain maybe? xx

      Delete
  6. I love this shade on you! I'll have to check it out :) Maybe after my shopping ban which I have just started though ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne - ah the infamous shopping ban! Glad mine will be coming to an end soon! x

      Delete
  7. It really suits you. I've not had a reddish lipstick since 6th form. I think I gave up on lipstick after age 20 and switched to lipgloss after that as I preferred anything really subtle and nude. I have recently been looking for a new lipstick - I've decided to replenish my makeup bag for 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue - it is actually more of a true red than my camera has depicted - must sort that out! I didn't wear bright lipstick for years - stuck with lipgloss and balm - glad I finally made the move back to a bit of lippie! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...