Wednesday 21 January 2015

A Pathetic Sales Haul and a Treat ...!

Bonjour!

I love a bargain (who doesn't?) and usually manage to bag a few in (what used to be) the January sales!  Didn't really happen this year -  my intention was to go the day after Boxing Day but the large dump of snow put paid to that. We set off but had to turn back.  I was disgruntled to say the least!  Not to be beaten I decided to have a look online and ordered a couple of bits from New Look ...

Brave Soul Chunky Knit - £10 - a change from my usual grey/black and is so warm on ... my resistance to the cold is going from bad to worse so this is a keeper!  My mum likes it apart from the huge 'B' logo - ah well you can't win 'em all!


Lace collar dress - £10 ... couldn't make my mind up - I mean I don't really 'do' dresses that often so would this turn out to be one of those items that ends up living out it's life in the wardrobe and no place else? Anyway - right or wrong I decided to keep it at the last minute ... suppose if push comes to shove I could always wear for work with opaques and boots ...


Leopard fur coat - £25 ... I really liked the idea of this baby but unfortunately it didn't fit properly on the shoulders and the collar stuck up in a funny fashion so it had to go back - gutted  I was!


The only thing I managed to pick up in-store was this V-neck knit from H&M at £10 - it's slightly over sized, warm and not black . Need to find something to layer underneath though as that V is a tad deep on!


How pathetic is this? The single beauty item I managed to bag in the half price sales at Boots this year was a Soap & Glory Righteous Butter ... I don't know whether to feel ashamed or proud ...!





And now for the treat ... I couldn't resist this recent TSV (Today's Special Value of course!) from QVC.  Supersizes of the Liquid Gold and Absolute Eye Complex and full size Balancing Cleanser.   This kit is now priced at £70 on their website but the crazy TSV price was £30ish - it was a no brainer!  The Balancing Cleanser and Absolute Eye Complex I've used before and although I have tried Liquid Gold a couple of years ago, I didn't really get on with it ... but the beauty blogger in me wants/needs to give it another go to help with dull winter skin - I have to say the signs are promising this time round!  I shall report back once I've given it a good going over!




So what do you think? Was I pathetic, sensible or just in the wrong place at the wrong time?!  Did you manage to bag many bargains in the sales?

Jen  x




23 comments:

  1. I wish I'd seen that offer!! My liquid gold is coming to the end and I need more! Great buy! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great offer isn't it Claire! xx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. The jumper and the dress are really cool - and bargains at double the price. Stephen :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that new look dress - i think it would work well with tights and boots for work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woooow, great sales haul. My eyebrows raised slightly at the dress - so not your style but I'll bet you can Jennify it. Would love to see what you do. Shame about that coat - it's gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok that's making me a tad nervous now Donna but I'll see what I can do! xx

      Delete
  5. I think you've done well Jen! Love the jumper & doesn't it match your DMs?! Shame about the coat but if it's not right it has to go back! My skin is misbehaving atm! I'm getting teenage spots at 41! Can't possibly be all the crap I'm eating! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! I'm not eating so well either - it's this time of year isn't it! xx

      Delete
  6. Oh crap, I missed that TSV :(. I always miss the good ones on QVC!! I love the coat, shame it had to go back. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arghgh. If I'd known, I would have gone for the offer too. I use the Alpha H and it's the only product that I actually thought, I need another bottle of that. I'll be waiting with bated breath to see what you think of it this time round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems to be doing the job ok Sue - will keep you posted! x

      Delete
  8. Great haul - that dress is SO pretty! Hope you get on well with the Alpha H this time - I use the Liquid Gold once or twice a week and I do find it good. Not as amazing as I had been led to believe it is but it does seem to help with skin tone etc. Happy New Year lovely - I'm very behind on blog reading so I've lots of catching up to do! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you to Avril! I think I'm enjoying the Liquid Gold this time - seems to be doing the job! xx

      Delete
  9. What w shame about the coat! It's fab! You can't beat a bit of leopard. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Lynne - I must look for another xx

      Delete
  10. I assumed that the 'B' on the sweater was relevant to your blog name :) I really liked the fur coat, shame it had to go back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope never even occurred to me! I really liked the fur coat too - shame! :)

      Delete
  11. Such a shame about the leopard coat, it looked really good? The dress looks really pretty,I'm sure you will get to use it, as you say with layers and opaques it would look great! Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many people like the coat Helen - not fair! Not worn the dress yet - am waiting for the weather to warm a little! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...