Sunday 17 February 2013

Glossybox - February

Bonjour!

It's Glossybox time again - February's 'Valentine themed' box arrived last week just in time for the 14th.  This box is meant to be filled with treats that we'll fall in love with and help us to pamper and look gorgeous on 'the big night' - er... my big night saw me falling asleep on the settee as usual!

Pretty box and packaging (my little girl wants the box after I've finished with it!).




Docteur Renard Raspberry Soft Cream - 30ml -Full Size £25/50ml - I've not tried anything from this professional French brand (yet). The products are available from M&S.  A good size sample - meant to be mostly suitable for normal to dry/prone skin - my skin has de-hydrated recently so will give it a go at some stage.

The Fine Fragrance Body Spray in Radiance - Full Size £2.29/100ml - a subtle fresh/floral fragrance -  good size - ideal for chucking in my gym bag.

Glossybox Lolly - my girl has claimed this!



Helen E Cosmetics Moisturising Lipstick in Dusk - Full Size £8/3.5g - a deep raspberry shade - I thought this was a little dark for daytime use for me initially but it worked well as a pretty lip-stain which hung around even after a scone and cup of tea! The hubby even commented that it looked nice! (he usually doesn't notice such things!)

MeMeMe 'Beat the Blues' Illuminator in Oyster Gold - Full Size £5.50/12ml - this looks like a good product to mix with foundation for extra radiance (not sure I'd wear it on it's own at my age as it's a tad sparkly but maybe use sparingly for a night out?).

Micabella Cosmetics Mineral Blush Powder in Siera Suede - 0.8g Full Size £34.95/9g - a teeny sample, more of an peachy/orange tone than I would usually go for and as the full size is pretty expensive not something I'm likely to purchase - but it'll be ok to use maybe when I have a bit of colour.

So  those were the goodies - quite a good selection this month. If I've fallen in love with anything it's the lipstick.  Looking forward to using the Raspberry Soft Cream too. This was on the back of the Glossybox leaflet though - just look at that dress and those boots - love em to bits!



You can check out Glossybox subscription details for yourself here.

What did you get in your Glossybox this month - did you fall asleep on the settee on Valentine's night?

Jen x



18 comments:

  1. I didn't fall asleep on the sofa, but I did fall asleep on my boyfriends bed within minutes of getting back from dinner and drinks!

    Kate x
    http://newgirlonthe-blog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear - bet that didn't go down too well! xx

      Delete
  2. Looks like some great things in this month! That lipstick looks a great colour! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep an ok box this month - the lippie is great! xx

      Delete
  3. Oh no yours is better than mine AGAIN! I would love those first two items. I got the illuminator and thought that stuff in the little pot was eye shadow and it's too dark even for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Sharron (feel bad now!) - must admit I'm glad I got the raspberry face cream x

      Delete
  4. The only thing we both got is the lovely raspberry face cream - i got a brown lipstick, pink mineral blush, rose shower gel and model co eyeshadow duo. take a look if you fancy it :) link is http://shotofbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/february-glossybox-valentine-day-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have preferred a pink blush I think - will take a look now! x

      Delete
  5. Snap, we got the same box! I'm not keen on the lippie or the blush, both don't really do a lot for my skintone and I can take or leave the body spray. I do love the raspberry cream though. Before I tried it I was alittle unsure as to the scent and would it be overpowering but it's very subtle and the cream is gorgeous beyond words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - I don't usually go for that tone of blush but I do like the lippie as a stain. Glad you like the cream - looking forward to trying it but must use my other creams up first! x

      Delete
  6. Hi
    Hopefully this doesn't sound super lazy, but I notice that you follow lots of blogs. I am fairly new to all of this and would love to know which ones you find the most interesting and read each and look forward to? So far I like (my age) Does my Bum look 40 in this, Bourbon and pearls and Style at Every age who is peeping over the top of this as your first comment. From the younger bloggers I like Thank Fifi and The Londoner. I am surprised at myself that my favourite very voyeuristic thing is simply reading about the most mundane and ordinary things in their lives rather than the super exciting stuff, not really sure what this says about me, but do you have any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I unsubscribed from Glossy Box months ago because the boxes were awful, this one looks good though. I have resubscribed to jolie box - well it is now called Birchbox and it is amazing! x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this is one of the better Glossyboxes. Must take a look at the Birchbox! x

      Delete
  8. Yum, that Docteur Renard Raspberry Soft Cream must smell amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I should defoo start getting the glossy box's as I love reading posts about them. I am a new follower :)

    Love Chels from chelsschapman.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! You could always try the Glossybox out for a while and see what you think! xx

      Delete
  10. Our boxes are almost identical except for the body fragrance- that looks like a good product!

    www.gymbagsandgladrags.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...