Sunday 2 September 2012

Jessica Phenomen Oil - Review

Bonjour!

This bottle of Jessica Phenomen Oil was included in the price of a manicure a couple of months ago at my local salon, as the product is worth around £9.00, (for this size of 7.4ml)  I thought this a pretty good deal. I'm not one to get my nails done on a regular basis, so I decided on this occasion to treat myself!

It was a pretty standard grey summer's day when I took these shots so apologies for the darkish images!




I've always been pretty bad with my cuticle and nail area, my nails are pretty hard but are prone to vertical ridges which can end up splitting on particular nails and my cuticles get dried out and flaky with all the handwashing etc (which you can no doubt see on some of my nail shots!).  It's something I meant to address but never got round to - what with all the daily/weekly madness that goes on in typical family life!

You'll be aware that Jessica Nailcare products are widely used in salons around the UK, they must therefore know their stuff when it comes to nails - right? Their website states -
Phenomen Oil is a healing and rehydrating cuticle oil to heal and nourish dry cuticles and promote strong nail growth.




I used this on and off before going on holiday but once I returned, decided to give it a good go.  As you can see, the product comes in a small bottle with a dropper tip so it's really easy to use and you only need the tiniest amount. One drop per hand, massaged into nails and cuticles, so I can imagine this bottle lasting for ages. The key ingredients include Sweet Almond Oil, Rice Oil, Jojoba and Vitamin E.  The smell reminds me of the Almond Essence my mum sometimes uses in her cakes!

So, for me, this product has certainly made a difference (should have done this years ago!).  My cuticles aren't perfect but as a busy mum with hands constantly in and out of water and cleaning products etc it's the best they've been in a while and my nails feel stronger and haven't as yet split.

This is something I would definitely consider re-purchasing in the future, however, I won't have to worry about this for a good while yet!

Full information directly from the Jessica Website can be found here.

What's your favourite product for manky nails/cuticles?

Jen x



13 comments:

  1. I love Jessica Nail varnishes. At my local gym they have a spa where they use Jessica products and I occasionally go for a manicure. I love it that they send you home with a mini bottle of the polish you have on your nails too! This oil looks great - I could certainly do with something for my nails - they are in a right state after these summer holidays - as is the rest of me! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This salon is within my gym too so I always notice the offers! It is a lovely product and I know exactly what you mean about being 'in a right state'! xx

      Delete
  2. This is a good start to “mend” your nails!!!! I know you’re going to hate me for this but apparently with “age” (even though you are just a young wee thing) our nails get worst!!! But there are a couple of things you can do to avoid it!!!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erm I meant *worse* and apparently my spelling didn’t improve with AGE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't hate you at all - bloomin' age - everything goes downhill don't it! oh to be a 'young wee thing' again! :) xx

      Delete
  4. I really need to buy something like this. My cuticles are always so dry and this looks like it would be great for them!

    Lola | LolaStarHearts.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know mine were always dry but not anymore! xx

      Delete
  5. Hellooo! I've tagged you <3 http://fandangobizarro.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/the-laine-blogger-award-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I go for Opi as it is something I use on my clients xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard the OPI version is good - I've seen it on QVC must keep an eye out for any special offers xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...