Saturday 29 September 2012

Glossybox - September

Bonjour!

My Glossybox for this month has finally arrived.  I very nearly emailed Glossybox the other morning to let them know I hadn't received it but decided to wash my hair first, after which it turned up! This is apparently a limited edition box which has been 'exclusively designed by up and coming illustrator Maggi Li.' The contents are meant to be an introduction to 'some of the most exiting rising stars across fashion, design and beauty.'

The box.



What's in the box?





Big Sexy Hair Spray and Play 50ml - Full Size £8.60/300ml

I've been wanting to try this brand for a while but hadn't got round to it. Used it the other day and I do like it, I found it added volume, hold and also texture - used sparingly. If you don't like the feel of 'product' in your hair though this may not be suitable but that doesn't bother me.

Balance Me Wonder Eye-Cream 7ml - Full Size £20/50ml

This seems to ticks all the boxes 'eye-cream wise' (I do like their lip balm and have yet to try out the face wash which I got when the Glamour freebies were on).  I'm happy with my current eye-care at the moment (which - yes - I have still yet to blog about!) but may well give this a go ...


Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Relaxing Complex 7ml - Full Size £29.99/50ml

Apparently helps smooth the look of fine lines and over time helps reduce the appearance of  wrinkles. Going to try this out on the old neck as I'm noticing deepening of necklace lines and a bit of sagging (oh joy) so need to start paying more attention to this area pronto (now that I'm an older bird and all that).


Rodial Glamoxy Snake Serum and 5 Minute Facial 2 Sachets each
Full Size - Snake Serum £29.00/10 x 1ml - 5 Minute Facial £10.95/10 x 1ml

The Snake Serum is meant to help 'reduce the appearance of frown lines and wrinkles'. Think this is one of those products that 'freezes' them temporarily, never really fancied anything like this to be honest but I'll either try it out on my forehead or get a fuller fringe cut! I do have a friend who loves stuff like this though so she may end up with these.

The 5 Minute Facial is 'a triple action resurfacing gommage clay mask'.  I've read that this is a highly effective way of exfoliation as it sort of  'rolls off' the skin and hopefully takes the dead skin cells with it when you remove the mask. Will be trying this out shortly.


Lady Gaga Fame Fragrance 1.2 ml - Full Size from £25.00/30ml

Not really sure about this, it reminds me of  Dior's 'Poison', sort of sweet, dark and potent - not my kind of fragrance.  It's definitely one for winter nights out. This will go to a friend.

So that's September's box - the Sexy Hairspray and Wonder Eye-Cream seem about the best products in theory - not a fantastic box considering some of the products in past months but hey - ho!

What did you think of this month's Glossybox?

Jen x


17 comments:

  1. Snake serums intrigued me! The mask sounds similar to the ginvera whitening gel which is amazing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I think a lot of people are intrigued by this product - it's supposed to be like a temp. botox in a bottle isn't it? I do really need to try the mask, think I prefer this of the two! x

      Delete
  2. The actual box looks very cute. Pls tell us more about the Serum, it seems to be an intresting product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a cute box - my little girl has it now for storing bits and pieces! Will definitely try out the serum and do a quick review at some stage. x

      Delete
  3. Ooh I do want to try out that eye cream! I am not sure about the Lady Gaga perfume either -- it's a bit too much for me! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eye cream does look a nice one -I'll try and review once I've tried it - yep the perfume is a little too intoxicating for me! x

      Delete
  4. Lady Gaga parfume is not to my taste, either... love the green mint box, tho hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it must appeal to some people's sense of smell but not mine - unfortunately! x

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's going on this month, I still haven't recieved mine - contacted them and they have resent.
    Really want to try the Rodial sachets
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know something's obviously gone belly-up hasn't it? Hope you get it soon! x

      Delete
  7. Hi from Twitter, already following you:) I do love this glossybox but unfortunately I think they're a rude company. I think the items are great, I already have the eye cream though and got it free with a magazine so that would have been slightly dissapointing but apart from that it's quite a good box!

    www.adayinthelifeofems.blogspot.com x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Em - thanks for the follow. I've heard a few bloggers have had issues with Glossybox recently and something did seem to go wrong with this month's deliveries and yes, a few were disappointed with the Balance-Me Eye Cream because of the recent Glamour freebies. I think I've had better boxes previously and this one just didn't seem as good. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still haven't got mine! Hope it is the same as yours though as I like most of the contents x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope it turns up soon - bit ridiculous isn't it? x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, fabulous blog!

    Question: is the Glossy box worth the money, i am trying to decide between Glossy & Jolie?

    Txx

    http://fantasticfunfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Usually there are a couple of products in each Glossybox that make it worthwhile - couldn't say about Joliebox because I've not subscribed. But with all beauty boxes there are always good and bad months. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...