Wednesday 26 September 2012

17 Peep Show Mascara - Zombie Review

Bonjour!

I've been on a strict 'no opening of new mascaras' rule for a while.  I'm sorry to say I've now broken it. You know when you get to that stage when your mascara(s) are starting to clump/dry up a bit and aren't coating the lashes so easily - well this was the perfect excuse to crack open a new one!

Ok - so I went for 17 Peep Show which I bought back in June when they had their 'Fest of All Kit' offer on. According to 17 this mascara 'gives you voluptuous volume and no clumps...just a full flirty flutter.' At only £6.29 seemed like a good call...



The brush...



The naked skinny lashes...




The old 'can you see my lashes when I have my specs on' test - apologies for the trance/zombie/extra from Dr Who-like state - think I was concentrating too much. You can all stop laughing now!


At first I thought the brush may be too fat for my lashes and it's also not as firm as some I've used and seems a bit 'fluffy' if you like.  However, the mascara (complete with fibres) went on really easily and didn't clump. It's not a runny mascara but quite a creamy formula which I suppose holds the fibres better. It didn't smudge or flake and was really easy to remove at night. In my world this is a 'good lash' day, they look longer and sort of fluttery to me with minimal faffing, no fibres on cheeks and no eyeliner on top lid for extra definition.  I've not curled or combed through my lashes in the above pics and they pass the 'dope with specs on' test. I did actually whack on three coats the following day and the effect was more volumising (sorry didn't have time for a pic as I was dashing out). My lashes aren't  ever going to be super-fat (without extensions) but length and flutter-wise this is a winner!

You can check out 17 Peep Show from Boots website here.

Have you tried 17 Peep Show - what's your favourite mascara at the moment? Maybe I shouldn't ask this as I'll just want to go out an buy it!

Jen x

11 comments:

  1. That looks very good on you! I know how it is to find good mascara, think my eyelashes are quite similair to yours (please check my blog if you have second I just review Smashobox's one) and I find it a challege to find a mascara I like.....I need thickness and this is not possible so I love when at least they look longer and fluffy :) I might try this one next time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - yep it seems it's either volume or length but not both. I'll definitely check yours out - can't wait to read your review! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thankyou - I suppose even zombie's are allowed a 'good lash' day now and then! x

      Delete
  3. I'm coming to the end of my Benefit mascara - always up to try a new one! And I'd give anything to have such gorgeous skin!! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou - that's so kind of you - think it's my new BB though (yes another one)which I'm loving - in the process of writing review (as usual!). I'd give anything for your gorgeous hair! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look forward to hearing about that! I've not found one I get on with yet and haven't got my hands on the Sanctuary Spa light BB yet - always out of stock! And thats a nice thing to say about my hair too - thank you :)

      Delete
  5. i've never tried this brand, but it looks great on your lashes. i have short lashes and i'm always looking for great mascaras to enhance them when i'm not wearing my falsies!

    [oomph.]
    Enter to Win a Complete Anti-Aging System

    ReplyDelete
  6. This mascara looks very nice indeed. And i also like the packaging :) Glad it's not a plastic brush!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - yes I've also gone off plastic brushes at the moment! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...