Wednesday 5 September 2012

August Favourites!

Bonjour!

I didn't do my July favourites because I was on holiday so here a few of my fave products during July/August and a couple I've managed to (almost) use up!




Original Source Daily Scrub Cranberry and Honey - there's something about Original Source products that's truly mouthwatering and this is no exception! Smells like something you could spread on your toast/crumpet/pikelet/bagel! It's moisturising and provides a gentle yet effective exfoliation experience!

Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment Spray (sorry I seem to have lost the cover!)- this is described as 'a leave-in finishing treatment that performs like a hairspray'. I love this product, I only use it when my hair is pretty frazzled on the ends, it's like a conditioning treatment in a can with a bit of hold. I find the trick is to use sparingly on fine hair (which is probably why this can has lasted me ages), as with all Ojon products I've used it's pretty concentrated and a little goes a long way. Think it's been re-named though as 'Ojon Damage Reverse Finishing Spray'.

John Frieda Full Repair (Full Body) Shampoo and Conditioner - took these on holiday and then brought them home to finish off (have done so now).  This was a great duo for holiday as I felt it gave my hair a bit of extra protection and moisture in a hot and humid climate.  Not the best volume I've experienced but good on the conditioning front.

Dove Summer Glow Moisturiser (normal to dark) - I've used this moisturiser for a couple of years now, it's great for a bit of extra colour and also for topping up the old tan once you return from holiday. Doesn't give off that obvious self-tan aroma and I've not found it to be too orange in tone but you do have to remember to rub in well around any dry bits!



Chanel Bronze/Revlon Balm Stain/Glossybox Lipstick

Sanctuary Spa Skin Perfecting BB Cream - my ultimate summer BB, been loving this for a while now (that could be the start of a song title!).  It's still my morning 'pick-me-up' complexion wise, seems to keep that bit of holiday colour going. There's loads left in the tube for next spring once I need to 'warm up' my face. I'll definitely be repurchasing this one. You can see my full review here should you with to do so!

Olay Essentials Complete Care Plus Multiradiance Moisturising Lotion (Normal/Oily) - this is a regular re-purchase, especially for the summer months. Absorbs very easily, keeps my skin hydrated, contains SPF 15 and also light reflecting particles which help to give skin a bit of a lift. It's also a bargain in my opinion at £7.99/75ml and has lasted for ages.

Chanel Bronze Universel Sun Illuminator - gorgeous bronzer, a sort of gel/cream texture that gives a natural glow without any shimmer.  This pot has lasted for ages and is nearly finished as you can see. I was once told I looked 'really well' by a friend I bumped into at the supermarket, I can remember being gobsmacked  because I was feeling pretty run-down (as all mums do from time to time) and so put it down to having worn this bronzer on that day!  I told my friend as much! I've not blended the bronzer in (on above swatch) but just smeared a bit on my hand, I think the colour works well on most skintones (it was my 'English Rose' friend who recommended it to me!), hence the 'Universel' vibe!

Revlon 'Just Bitten Kissable' Balm Stain (Rendezvous) - wasn't sure what to expect from this (it looks a bit like a wax crayon from my kids' younger days!),  I fancied something with an orange tone for summer but not too 'full on'.  This provides a wash of translucent colour with a slight sheen but can be built up if you want the colour to be more intense.  Tastes minty and makes my lips tingle! The only thing I would say is I've needed to use a lip balm beforehand because it does tend to cling to any dry areas on the lips (well it does on mine anyway!). Having said that, it is pretty long lasting and does live up to it's name in that it does 'stain' the lips!

Glossybox Lipstick (Glossy Pink) - absolutely love this lipstick, not had one in this tone for a good while and it's been perfect once I had a bit of a tan on my face! It's creamy and moisturising and lasts ok too. I've been a bit lipstick shy for a few years but this has made me want to experiment a bit more on the 'lippy front'!


Erm ... don't know how that got there!  Anyway, this is a childhood favourite of mine. We used to spread it thickly on a slice of bread and have for supper as a treat - very sticky and sweet! Something I like to indulge in now and again.  You'll probably know it's also fantastic when used in cake recipes ...will have to get onto that ...!

So what have been your favourites over the past month? Any childhood treats you'd like to share?

Jen x



10 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore Rendezvous. It's such a beautiful shade! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a real summer one isn't it? Must try out some of the other colours! x

      Delete
  2. I love Rendezvous :)
    And I've always wanted to try the Chanel Bronze Universel!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Chanel Bronze is a great bronzer and lasts for ages - i'll be putting it on my Christmas list! x

      Delete
  3. Ha ha that made me look twice! Do you wash your hair in the condensed milk or cook with it!! Still after the BB from Sanctuary Spa! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh the condensed milk - what a naughty but nice treat (purely for cooking!) Love that BB - hope you manage to get hold of one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Rendezvous! I just won another balm stain in Honey in a blogger giveaway, so I'm looking forward to trying that one out too.
    My husband is Brazilian and in Brazil they make sweets using condensed milk and melted chocolate which is then rolled into little balls and oh my goodness, they are amazing!
    Mel x

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to get another balm stain in a different colour. Those sweets sound like heaven - any chance of a blog post? ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i use the ojon spray and like urs, mine has lasted ages too!

    chlildhood treat? my granda used to mix ice cream up with a bit of milk so it was all sloppy for me and my brother when were v little! he used to say that ice cream was too cold for our tummies! he's always been a big softie my granda! hehe! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Ojon spray is a winner! That sounds like a lovely treat - like an ice-cream milk shake!! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...