Wednesday 21 August 2013

NOTD - Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Grapefruit

Bonjour!

This is the Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Grapefruit that my daughter chose for herself a few months ago. I decided to take it on holiday with us this year ...





With the Barry M Gellies people seem to either love em or hate em. I'm getting to quite like em!  Granted they can be pretty glupey to apply at times but if you can get the knack (and I'm gradually getting there) then it's worth the effort I reckon.  Freed of my usual pesky domestic duties the polish (plus topcoat) was going on for three days before wearing on the ends, which I was pretty impressed with.  I did take a couple of other polishes on holiday but loved this colour so much I ended up just using this one all week!  'Grapefruit' has that vinyl effect high shine associated with the Gellies - a super-vibrant, almost fluorescent pink with coral vibes - a perfect poolside bright!

Do you get on with the Barry M Gelly? Which is your favourite?

Jen x


8 comments:

  1. I know nail polish doesn't always photograph true to colour, but it looks like Chanel Orange Fizz, my favourite holiday colour xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Sharron - it's more pinky than in my photos but I love it either way! xx

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous colour for your holiday, love the poolside pics too :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha - if only those poolside pics were a more regular feature! (sigh) xx

      Delete
  3. Funnily enough I have just tried my Gelly Pomengranate again - didn't get on with them at all last time, but thought I'd try again. Looks ok at the moment :)- will take a closer look in the morning, but think I did a better job this time!! Maybe there is a knack to it! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so Claire - I think I'm getting better at applying them - time will tell! xx

      Delete
  4. Love this colour one of my favourites I didnt know they had this shade!

    apinchofshaz.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...