Sunday 11 August 2013

Holiday Barnet...!

Bonjour!

It's that time again ... having to decide what bits and bobs to take on holiday so first up is haircare. We're driving through to France this year so I don't have to stick to stringent baggage allowances etc ... the world's my hair product oyster! (Er don't tell the hubby - he wants me to pack as if we were flying - yeah right!!). I am trying to control myself but my hair is so wayward on holiday that I feel I have to take a little bit of everything. So...this is what I've narrowed it down to...



Percy & Reed Colour & Shine Shampoo - remember the old Glamour offer back in March - well I managed to save these two for holiday - a great size to take away - you can see my full review here.

Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment - this little pot of the original (rather than clear) hair treatment had fallen to the back of a cupboard and been forgotten about (bad isn't it!). I love pre-shampoo treatments - especially on holiday - ideal to slap on late afternoon and let sink in until you shower in the evening.

Ojon wide tooth comb - came in a kit years ago.   Philip Kingsley vented hairbrush - I may throw caution to the wind and let my hair dry naturally (perspiring at the thought!) but if I do decide on a makeshift holiday blow-dry then this will come in useful - it's a good brush for getting hair a bit smoother.

Redken Smooth Lock Shampoo and Conditioner - from a beauty box - may as well use it up.   Bumble and Bumble Gentle Shampoo and Super Rich Conditioner - given to me to try by the kindly assistant at the Bumble and Bumble counter!

Batiste Original Dry Shampoo - found this at the bottom of my haircare stash so it's coming away - can't do without a blast of the stuff now and again and I do find Batiste works well for me - especially if we get up early to travel and no time to faff about washing my hair!

Percy & Reed Volumising No Oil Oil (for fine hair) - another March Glamour freebie - a real dinky size for travel to help smooth ends.

Bumble and Bumble Thickening Spray - my tiny sample of joyfulness! Er... yes this is my current go to product - full review here. I'll use to help with styling as also as a finishing spray.

Philip Kingsley Daily Damage Defence - yes I caved in and bought this when it was on offer during QVC's latest beauty day - consisted of a full and a travel size. Will be really interested to see if this helps with my usual sun-frazzled lock situation!

And which one of these to take ...




They're both old favourites - the Ojon Damage Reverse Serum is obviously smaller and is super-concentrated but the L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil has a UV Filter and my daughter will use it too.

How many hair products do you take away? Are you a complete junkie like me or able to throw caution to the wind and let it all hang loose with just a couple of products?

Jen x

2 comments:

  1. Ha pack as if you're flying, who is the man trying to kid?! You're a woman with a whole boot at your disposal. As for the hubby and the kids baggage, that's what the parcel shelf and the foot wells are for right! ;) I have to say I am fairly lucky in the hair department so I usually just stick to shampoo/conditioner and using a little bottle of something to give it some ummmph or a texturising spray. Could you not decant a little of the L'Oreal and then you get to take both products away with you?! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you Kay - wish I only needed a couple of products! Don't worry on the packing front! I'll sneak as much as I can in! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...