Wednesday 17 September 2014

OGX Hydrating Macadamia Oil Shampoo, Conditioner and Dry Styling Oil - Review

Bonjour!

I tried for ages to shorten the title of this post but it was not to be so you have the full shebang!   Picked up this trio from the OGX/Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil range (on offer of course!) specifically to take away.  Think it must have been the 'drench your strands' and 'hydrate and smooth parched, dry hair' bits that made me think it would be ideal for holiday. I went down the non-sulphate route as my daughter would be using it too so reckoned I do both our hairs' and scalps' a favour.  There was no problem with taking full sizes this year as we were driving, so everything got chucked in the boot of the car ... luckily it's a fairly big boot!

A picure of the OGX Hydrating Macadamia Oil Shampoo, Conditioner and Dry Styling Oil


Both the shampoo and conditioner have quite a creamy but not heavy texture, the shampoo lathers well and both rinse out easily.  Your barnet is left with a silken feeling as you rinse - it feels mighty good I have to say!!  Must be quite a concentrated formula because you don't need to use too much of either the shampoo or conditioner - even on my daughter's giant mane of hair! Hence we still have a good amount left after using on holiday and on and off since returning approx a month ago!

The Dry Styling Oil can be used as a styling aid and also as a finishing product.  The oil itself is quite heavy so the trick is to find the correct amount for your own barnet.  I only need to use the smallest amount (tiny ... actually for my pathetic head of hair!), make sure you rub between your palms so you're only left with a thin film and then apply to mid-lengths and ends and dry as usual - or apply as above after styling (I use a mere droplet in this case!).  I still need to use a volumising product on the top half of my barnet but used correctly it does leave hair smooth and shiny and doesn't weigh it down - unless of course you do use too much (which I have done) and then you'll know about it!

And the aroma! ... Honestly they smell absolutely wonderful ... like ripe, sweet, watermelons - not sickly but really clean, juicy fresh watermelons! Pop into Boots and have a sniff and see what you think! Of course if you don't like watermelons you may have an issue!

So ... yes ... myself and my daughter are impressed with the OGX Hydrating Macadamia Oil Shampoo, Conditioner and Dry Styling Oil - lovely products to use at home or abroad to keep hair soft, shiny and silky.  I would repurchase ... but then I also want to try another range - just look at all this lot on the OGX site here - it's total hair product heaven! Of course if you're a 'normal' person this won't excite you ... but I'm not normal!

Have you tried any products from the OGX/Organix range? Which ones would you recommend?

Jen x



10 comments:

  1. Sounds good and I am all about the low sulphate these days xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying my best with the low sulphate Sharron - definitely better for my daughter! xx

      Delete
  2. Ah i wish they would sell OGX/Organix here in Germany...When i was in NYC back in 2012 i had the chance to try the Renewing Argan Oil of Morocco Shampoo and really liked it. Hydrating Macadamia would be def next on my to -buy list, besides i really prefer thicker creamier texture of a shampoo...*sigh*
    xo, Luchessa.
    http://luchessa.org/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See I like the sound of that Luchessa - the Renewing range might be my next port of call! xx

      Delete
  3. Really interested in the oil Jenny. I have fine hair which takes a battering and looks so dull and dry. I'm always nervous about putting too much product on my hair. It this sounds just the job x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often have too much product on my hair Donna - sometimes it make is easier to work with - this oil is lovely though! x

      Delete
  4. I'm a bit wary of oils on my hair. It's really fine and I fear it'd just take any life out of it. Love the idea of the scent though! Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am wary too Lynne. Mine's really fine too so it's a case of finding the right one - trial and error really! xx

      Delete
  5. This sounds great too! My L'Oreal hair oil has run out & I really must get a new one as I miss it & so does my hair!! I love Watermelon too! Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you know Andrea I rarely have chance to run out of anything! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...