Tuesday 11 December 2012

November Favourites, Empties and Whips!

Bonjour!

I imagine this is probably the latest November Favourites/Empties post on the planet - it's well into December and there's so much to do - I'm verging on hysteria! Anyway - just thought I'd try and get it out there .. I've mixed up my favourites and empties as usual...



Phil Smith 'Be Gorgeous' Heat Defence Spray - bought this (what seems like) ages ago when it was half price at Sainsburys and it's practically empty now. A good little heat protection spray this one - I would repurchase - it does what it's supposed to and smells good too!

Laura Geller Baked Cheek Dreams - Neapolitan - a  QVC purchase from a while ago which I'd forgotten about (as you do!) - anyway - dug it out and have been using it a lot over the past month.  As you can see it looks like ice-cream and is a contour, blush and highlighter which can be used separately or all in one go. I love the 'chocolate' shade which - although looks plain brown in the pot is actually more of a deep, velvety, pinky brown once on. The strawberries and cream shades contain a tiny bit of shimmer but too much. As time is usually of the essence in the morning - I've been swirling my brush around the whole lot to grab a bit of each shade and it's worked really well. Quite a good all year round little blush pot!

L'Occitane 100% Shea Butter - a present (just emptied) from my mum which I've used on and off for months, mainly on hands, elbows and feet (if I remember - so bad at foot care!) as a night-time treatment.  A lovely tin-ful of  nourishment here. It's almost solid and waxy (so has lasted for ages) but melts easily once warmed either in your hands or onto your chosen body part! Has the lovely soft aroma associated with the L'Occitane Shea Butter range which I love.

The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector - one of my favourite winter hand creams.  My hands get even more dried out once the cold weather arrives and this is again - ideal to slather on last thing at night. If you're familiar with this hand cream you'll know it has quite a distinctive fragrance which  personally I like. It's rich, soothing and almost medicinal - love it and have already re-purchased.

Dirty Works Bye Bye Dark Circles Concealer - another Sainsburys buy here. I use the lighter colour for under-eye shadows, it's a little cakey, so have to use sparingly. Also, there is no brightening factor to it but it does a decent job all the same. The darker colour at the bottom is a good match for my overall skin tone so I use it as a general concealer. It does a good cover-up job and doesn't slide off and need touching up too often.  Overall this is a good little concealing kit - only cost me just over £3.00 so a steal when all is said and done!

No 7 Pore Refining Serum - another empty here. I used this earlier in the year and have now just got round to finishing it off. It's nice for a bit of extra hydration under moisturiser but I can't - in all honesty - see that it's had any effect on reducing pore size - which was my ultimate goal - so there won't be a re-purchase. I've noticed that the packaging has changed on Boots website - not sure if the formula has changed or not though.

Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo and Conditioner - I had high hopes for these two. Aussie haircare products are loved by so many and are so affordable and smell great. Unfortunately, I'm afraid this combo does absolutely nothing for me - my fine hair is left devoid of any volume and it just hangs there in a limp fashion  - it doesn't weigh it down with product though so no idea what the problem is.  My hair just does not get on with the duo and it's so much more difficult to style. Such a shame.

L'Oreal Revitalift Perfect 10 BB - I'm still in love with this one - it's my perfect BB for this time of year. You can read my full review here.  I find it so versatile for just a bit of cover, as a primer or for layering for a fuller face-on. Fortunately the colour is perfect for me which always helps! Definite re-purchase.


Sorry but I just couldn't resist! I've not had a Walnut Whip in so very long - it's been years -  so when I saw this pack of three in (yes - you guessed - Sainsburys) I just had to indulge! Tasted just as good as I remember too!

When did you last have a Walnut Whip?


Jen x

6 comments:

  1. I remember having a hand massage in The Body Shop with the hemp protector but at the time I thought it was quite greasy. Having said that the lady used lots of it? Haven't heard much about the Dirty Works concealer, will look into it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be greasy if you overdo it I suppose but that's why I use it at night- time! You should try out the Dirty Works concealer - it's a great price! xx

      Delete
  2. I love the hemp hand cream - we always have one on the go. Hubby uses it too . I have the foot one as well! I love how you have squeezed the life out of the tube to get every last drop out of that baby!!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your hubby does well - mine won't go near any cream voluntarily! Bet the foot cream is a good one! I usually cut tubes in half to get every bit of cream out but can't with this one with it being metallic! xx

      Delete
  3. I really want to try something from the L'Occitane Shea Butter range!xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...