Sunday 9 December 2012

Friday Night Nails - Illamasqua Style!

Bonjour!

Don't know about you but I'm not really a fan of these dark days with minimal daylight and need a bit of  'winter brightness' now and then whether it be lips, nails, clothes etc.  Went out last friday evening with my 'work-mates' so what better to reach for than Illamasqua Collide from the Illamasqua Mystery Box which I recently won!




By the time I had finished painting my nails the light was starting to fail and I had to move nearer the window to photograph - so apologies for all the reflection.  I love the colour (I have a couple of coats on) - it has a sort of vinyl effect and is brighter and more neon than is depicted in these photos but in a totally wearable way (even at my age!) and every time I look at my nails the colour cheers me up!

The polish went on really easily (nice brush I thought!) and dried quickly - which was a good job as I had to commence the mammoth task of getting ready for the night out and making myself look human!

It's now Sunday and I'm sporting a bit of wear on the ends of my nails - but I decided to cook a chicken curry last night (which incurred much chopping/peeling/handwashing etc) as I was feeling a bit rough throughout Saturday (more from lack of sleep than booze I should point out) - so I can't complain!

You can check out the full range of Illamasqua Nail Varnishes here - the range looks amazing!

Have you tried any nail polishes from Illamasqua? What do you use for 'winter brightness'?

Jen x



8 comments:

  1. Honestly, I was not too keen when I saw the bright colour in the bottle but having seen it on, its actually gorgeous!

    Becky
    beckys makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky - I really liking the colour! Brightens everything up!

      Delete
  2. It's a really pretty colour - I love bright colours at this time of year, although I wear a lot of browns and deep reds , I love a coral or pink to brighten up my mood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire - I've had a lot of deep colours on recently and wanted something more zingy for Friday night - this was perfect! x

      Delete
  3. This colour is so pretty :) Its really nice for this time of year as it stands out and is different :)Great Post :)

    http://alllaboutbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou - it's true it does stand out - for all the right reasons I hope! :)

      Delete
  4. It is a gorgeous colour but I don't tend to wear these shades in winter even when I need brightening up! Just went out the garage and checked the xmas tree is called Alaska x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharron! This is possibly the brightest I've gone in a long time but even my mum likes it - she said so today! Thanks for the xmas tree info - will have a look! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...