Wednesday 12 December 2012

A Bit of Slap and Sequins!

Bonjour!

Last Friday night I decided to go with heavy (for me) eyes and neutral lip (so just thought I would plonk a quick post up to share...don't know why really cos I feel like a complete prat...!

Here we have the traditional half face shot (still not up to a full one!) - honestly it's so daunting putting your kite on here - I really hate having my photo taken - so what the hell am I doing? - you feel like you should look flawless and clearly that's never going to happen in my case - I haven't edited anything on these pics so what you see is what you get I'm afraid!


Half the Kite

Products used ...

Face and Lips
No 7 Instant Radiance Concealer (under eyes - don't think I used enough of it - ah well!).
Dirty Works Bye Bye Dark Circles Concealer - darker shade on other parts of face.
Bare Minerals Prime Time Primer (Original).
Bare Minerals Medium Tan and Tan Original Foundations mixed.
Bare Minerals Tinted Mineral Veil.
Laura Geller 'Baby Cakes' Baked Blush Palette just swept the brush over all the four shades and applied lightly.
Glossybox Lipstick in Glossy Pink

Eyes
I didn't used a separate primer as I'd already applied my Alpha H Absolute Eye Complex which acts as an eye primer.
HD Brow Palette - Dark Brown Colour.
Under brow bone highlighted with Shade 1 and 2 mixed from MUA Undressed Palette.
On lid Illamasqua 'Never' Powder Eye Shadow (also taken under eyes).
Swept over the top of 'Never' to soften and in crease - Laura Geller Baked Marble Eyeshadow (I used the gold toned Vanilla Toffee on left).
Avon Glimmerstick Eye Liner in Blackest Black on top and bottom lashline.
17 Va Va Voom Mascara.
No 7 Fanomenal Lashes Mascara.

Eye Make-Up Products

So that was the slap and here's the sequins courtesy of my £10 bargain top from H&M this summer...



For some reason I look like a tortoise in this pic (it's the conk again!) - and much to my amazement there is no damp washing hanging from the radiator in the background - it's usually my hubby's (clean) pants and gym gear so good job...!! Anyway ...didn't wear much jewelry because I don't like too much going on - just chucked on a few bangles before I left (which I'm sure you wanted to know!) and wore the top with my black pvcs and black swede block heel ankle boots (which I hadn't donned for this photo so hope you can't see my socks!) - both from Next, I'm not an everyday 'high-heeler' and these boots feel so high it takes me a while - or a few drinks to balance myself!

What did you wear on Friday night? Are you going for heavy eyes or full-on lips at the moment?

Jen x

PS - Quick Update - My husband has just informed me that if you do want to see a post with his pants hanging in the background he is happy to oblige!!



8 comments:

  1. hey.. nice blog..
    Stumbled upon your blog searching the reviews on MUA products.
    Im happy to get your blog.
    your name is intersting? Biryani ? India.. :D
    i have joined your GFC!
    so that i can stay in touch with your posts :)
    do reply me :)

    http://apoorvathinks.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou - I'll check yours out! Yes - our family is Anglo-Indian! :)

      Delete
  2. You look fabulous of course- but it is still nerve racking putting photos of ourselves on, I feel the same, so good on you for taking the step! It is so nice to meet all of you! Love the colour of your top - gorgeous! I wish my face was that good that close!!! Oh and tell hubby we will pass on the pants - have enough of my own hubbys to deal with ! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire - it is very nerve racking! You always look confident and relaxed in your outfit posts - I never quite know how to stand etc! My hubby will be disappointed on the 'pants front'! xx

      Delete
  3. Looking good girlfriend and I must say the fringe is very nice. Don't know what you were worried about! I am going for smokey eyes and keeping the lips neutral at the mo. Not because I don't like the rich red and plum lips but they don't do a lot for the ceramic braces I have - lippy over clear braces is so not a good look! This is one of the reasons I don't currently put my kite up on my blog.

    As for your hubbys offer of the 'pants picture', think I'll give it a miss ;) I have enough images of Mr B.P.'s pants burned into my memory to last me a lifetime lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay - the fringe behaved that night - it's been a bugger since! I do usually lean towards heavier eye make-up rather than lippie but going to try it the other way round for the next night out. Nobody's interested in hubby's pants! xx

      Delete
  4. You have gorgeous skin and look lovely with that outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mez - it doesn't happen very often - I usually look like a complete trog! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...