Sunday 12 April 2015

March Empties ...

Bonjour!

Is it really that time again - doesn't seem like two minutes since the last 'Empties'?  I know we say this a lot but really where is this year going - already in April!  Rather late with this lot but here we go ...




Vaseline Double Invisible 48h Protection Anti-Perspirant - quite like this one. Just a decent all round spray, seems to 'keep one fresh' but doesn't choke you up with overly strong fumes!  I must admit I've not been very vigilant with the whole white/yellow mark thing - let's just say I haven't noticed any jumping out at me and also the 48hr claim, as I shower every day but yes, I'd buy again!

The Body Shop Green Apple Bath and Shower Gel - this is a bittersweet one! My lovely friend bought it for last year's birthday and I absolutely love it - wonderfully fresh, ripe fruity scent - a real pleasure for the senses!  Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available anymore (why do they do that thing!?)  otherwise it would be a definite repurchase!

Neal's Yard Geranium and Orange Hand Cream -  this was  a magazine freebie and a darn good one if I may say so!  I've saved for bed-time use as it has quite a thick consistency, it's gentle and moisturising for dry, chapped hands and smells good too!  A little goes a long way so it's lasted for ages.

La Roche-Posay Lipikar Xerand Hand Repair Cream - this featured in my 2014 favourites. The Lipikar range is aimed at dry/ezcema prone skin and works to hydrate and lock moisture in. I find it leaves a slight 'tacky' feeling on the hands so again, use mainly before bed.  It's really soothing and non-stingy when my hands are feeling bit excema prone and sore and itchy. I tend to always have one in and stock up whenever on offer (mainly from the Escentual website!) as it ends up costing about £3 per tube so I can't afford not to.  I've already got another one ready to use! 

La Roche-Posay Hydreane Light Moisturising Cream - I think I'm a little addicted to French skincare - love this! You know when you find something that 'just works' for you?  I tend to switch between this and the Vichy Aqualia Light Pot. This tube is obviously more suitable for holidays/travel and I've used in the morning and/or night in Summer and Winter so it's a great all rounder.  I've already stocked up again!

L'Oreal Elvive Fibrology Thickening Masque and Double Serum - I need to do a full review on this lot as I've been trying the whole range out for the last couple of months so I'll not go into too much detail but I've repurchased the masque whilst it was half price! (Actually I didn't go into any detail there did I but I'll post on it asap!)

Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum - losing count of how many times I've repurchased this. I use it mainly in the morning under moisturiser.  I do sometimes dabble with other serums but always come back to this one.  The packaging has changed but the product remains the same.  If you've not read my full review (nearly a couple of years ago now!) it's here and needless to say I have another on the go!

So that's a bit more of my stash used up - ok some has been replaced but not all - I am trying here! What did you get through over last month?  Do you replace things as they run out or always have extras in stock?


Jen x

12 comments:

  1. I love the scent of that NYR hand cream, so nice! I'm also sad that The Body Shop discontinued the Green Apple range! :( x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - same Evelyn - it's pants isn't it! x

      Delete
  2. Brilliant post with a great selection of products. I have followed for more x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie - look forward to reading your own blog too! x

      Delete
  3. Want to try all those! The Lipikar range is amazing, I use it on my very very dry arms and shins and it sorts them out. I wish the body shop would bring the apple one back too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I definitely need to try more from the Lipikar range Gaelle - think it would be ideal when the ezcema is around x

      Delete
  4. I always fine everything runs out at the same time! Nightmare! The hand cream looks gorgeous. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have so much on the go Lynne - the running out is a staggered affair! xx

      Delete
  5. I loved the glazed apple scent that TBS brought out at Christmas, so I would have loved the green apple one! Shame it's not available anymore xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's rubbish isn't it - we should tweet them and complain! xx

      Delete
  6. Jenny, you use more products in a month than I do in 6 months! Lol! You will be pleased to hear I've just done a haul in Boots & have stocked up on some essentials! I'd love to raid your bathroom cabinet! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea - I haven't used all these just last month, I always have so many products on the go at once - it's a constant rolling state of empties! Hope you do the Boots haul on your blog! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...