Sunday 21 June 2015

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet - Don't Pink Of It!

Bonjour!

I recently treated myself to a couple of Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipsticks and this is the first ... Don't Pink Of  It ...!

A picture of the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Don't Pink Of It!





A picture of the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Don't Pink Of It!

A picture of the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Don't Pink Of It!


















A liquid lipstick with loads of pigment, it's creamy when wet with a slight 'cooling' sensation and glides on before drying to it's matte finish - the doe foot applicator makes it super-easy to paint on 'la bouche'.  It's  meant to last for 24 hours on but nope - not on me anyway - maybe a couple of hours (less if I've eaten anything) but it fades fairly evenly  leaving a decent stain on the lips which sticks around for a while, although it does have a tendency to sit in any dryer bits if I've not kept up with a lip scrub/exfoliator. I also need to top up with lip balm at this stage as there's no hydration once it's worn away and it can feel rather drying being a matte and all!  When I swatched in store at Boots it did appear a warmer and deeper shade (as in the above  pic) but once on it takes on more of a powder pink hue and for this reason I only apply lightly as it does intensify with each additional coat and too much pale pink seems a bit odd on my type of kite!  


A picture of the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Don't Pink Of It!


Now I've sussed how to make it work for me I'm actually really liking my  Don't Pink Of It! as a lip stain - it's  different to anything I've used before and a good one for those 'not so much make-up days' - paired with a bit of balm it's a  fresh and pretty Summertime shade for the old lips ...  it is still Summertime isn't it? 

Have you any of the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lippies? How do you wear it and which is your favourite?


Jen x



8 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous natural color!!!
    xo
    Stacy

    http://tastyrumors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got 4 of these & a couple of the new aqua ones & I love them all!! I find them really long lasting on me but have to slather on lip balm on removal! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is the secret to the long lasting thing though Sarah - maybe I need to layer more (but not in this shade!) xx

      Delete
  3. I've heard good things about these Jenny! I'm in need of some new Summer lippy so many have to give it a whirl! I think its a lovely colour on you! Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea - it's a great summertime colour! xx

      Delete
  4. I love the colour on the lips but it's a bit strange that it would be so different to when swatched?xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Sasha - maybe I just weird lips or something? xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...