Sunday 1 March 2015

Mally Under Eye Brightener - Review

Bonjour...

This is my little pot of Mally Under Eye Brightener - it's something I've used each morning for a good long while now so it's about time I wrote a post ... if you read my blog you'll know I'm  rather partial to a few Mally Beauty products (available from QVC) and this one is no exception ...


A picture of the Mally Under Eye Brightener
A picture of the Mally Under Eye Brightener
A picture of the Mally Under Eye Brightener

Mally states this has been described as 'sunshine in a jar' ... containing hyaluronic acid, barley extract and Swiss glacier water which help with hydration and moisture, we should think of it as skincare with added brightening and colour correcting properties rather than make-up.  It comes in two colour options Lighter (which I have) and Deeper.  Now I know it looks like a pot of Dijon mustard but don't be alarmed! 

I just place a tiny amount on each ring finger (much less than the blob on my hand above) and press/pat lightly (rather than rub) around the eye area - best to start off with a lesser amount and add more if needed.  It's very light in texture but the 'Dijon' vibe is very effective at correcting those dark purple shadows, I love that I can use from the inner to outer corners of the under-eye area and as long as I use the correct amount there is no caking (is that even a word?), dryness or sitting in wrinkles and it definitely gives a hand with brightening and hydrating.  I use this every morning (adding a bit of concealer if I'm having an 'extra dark circle day') - once on it lasts pretty well but is easy to touch up by adding more later on in the day if you feel the need for extra brightness!

Pre and post Mally Under Eye Brightener from left to right ... and as you peruse please remember that my under eye area (in fact all of my eye area) is old ... really old ...

A picture of the Mally Under Eye Brightener


It is expensive at around £28-£30/11.4g to purchase alone (mine was part of a QVC kit making it really affordable) but I've been using for about a year and a half and I still have a good third of the jar left - it's one of those where you actually do get a full jar though so it's going on forever!  There are another couple of under-eye products I'd like to try out of curiosity, but I'd definitely consider repurchasing the Mally Under-Eye Brightener and would certainly grab another QVC kit if it comes up - what can I say - I'm a bit of a Mallynista!

Do you use a colour corrector or under-eye brightener for dark circles?  Which is your favourite?


Jen x




12 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of Clarins Eye Revitaliser at the moment but that is a touch more expensive I think. You can really tell the difference. Stephen :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephen! Going to have to take a look at the Clarins Eye Revitaliser now! :)

      Delete
  2. This looks great! I've got a yellow tinted powder on my New York shopping list but this looks like it'd work as well on my old dark circles too, lol! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mally products are widely available in the US - you could really go to town Sarah! xx

      Delete
  3. Woohoo that looks amazing. Seriously impressed x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look like a good colour corrector! And those products that just seem to last forever are definitely worth it for me! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely seems to be lasting forever Jasmin! x

      Delete
  5. That's amazing, Jenny! Wow! Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good colour corrector Lynne! xx

      Delete
  6. Wow that is seriously yellow isn't it haha. But it does an amazing job - it looks very much worth the price tag xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is seriously yellow isn't it Sasha - but yes - worth the price tag! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...