Monday 11 August 2014

L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau de Teint Foundation - Review

Bonjour!

I've been intrigued by the L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau De Teint Foundation for a while. I eventually picked it up from my local Sainsburys one Saturday, (when I should have been concentrating on the food shop!) as it was on offer with a few pounds off making it a mere £6.99.  It has been likened to a certain G. Armani foundation of which I have no hands on knowledge so (sadly!) can't compare ...!  Anyway I went for the shade 150 in Nude Beige after swatching on my hand ... and yes I know it was a gamble ...

A picture of the L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau de Teint Foundation in Nude Beige
A picture of the L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau de Teint Foundation in Nude Beige
A picture of the L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau de Teint Foundation in Nude Beige

The composition is described as 'lighter than water' with an 'evanescent texture' due to volatile oils - sounds a bit scientific to my ears (and I hated chemistry anyway!) but apparently a volatile oil is 'a rapidly evaporating oil, that does not leave a stain' - all good then! To apply you just shake the little bottle (as you would perfume) and apply a few dots/blobs to one's kite. I then use my Real Techniques buffing brush to blend in. It's probably more suited to an oily/combo/normal skin type as it does have a tendency to cling to any dry patches.  It has a silky finish leaning towards matte - but not in a mask like way and wears really well over a primer so I've been wearing it to work regularly - it even lasted much of the working day during our recent tropical/non-aircon/sweaty spell in the office!

Left bare skin and right with L'Oreal Nude Magique ...

A picture of the L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau de Teint Foundation in Nude Beige


It can be built up for more cover and doesn't feel heavy or cakey to wear.  I do tend to save for 'better skin days' - that pic on the left believe it or not is a 'better skin day' - though it doesn't quite completely cover my multitude of open pores and anyway I've learned to live with them! This shade is slightly too pale for me at the height of summer and I need a touch of bronzer but all in all it's quite a nice little foundation and one I would consider re-purchasing!

Have you tried the L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau de Teint? What's your favourite foundation for light cover?

Jen x


17 comments:

  1. Looks nice.
    I have been using L'Oreal's True Match Foundation (revewed on my blog) for a while now. I'm pretty satisfied but once the current runs out I want to try a new foundation. I'll check this one out too.
    Thanks for the review.


    Sarah
    Pretty Gloss ♥ beauty, makeup & a bit of life..
    bloglovin' | twitter | pinterest | facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Sarah - I'll read your review :) x

      Delete
  2. I have never found a L'Oreal foundation that ive liked, ive always found them too dark or they stick really badly to my dry cheeks :(
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a shame Rachel - this one wouldn't be good for dry cheeks either! xx

      Delete
  3. I think it looks good on you Jen, but def wouldn't be enough coverage for me (not in public anyway!) ;) Dior BB Cream is high on my light base list!
    Nic x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Bobbi Brown since getting some samples, you only need a little so worth the money x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some Bobbi Brown samples which I need to try Sharron - can't wait! xx

      Delete
  5. I've never bought a foundation from the supermarket as I was unsure whether you could try them out!! The coverage looks pretty good doesn't it. I really want to have a go at contouring having watched dozens of YouTube make-up tutorials. It would be a good idea to buy the cheaper brands to have a go. Thanks for the heads up xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not bad coverage Donna. I'm not sure about the contouring thing on me - would take loads of practise! xx

      Delete
  6. Gosh it looks lovely....I just bought a different L'Oreal one and I'm thinking that the one you've tried would be better suited to me. I picked up the older skin version that has a serum built into (can't rem the name) but the coverage is a bit too much for me. Good for night time but not for during the day. Interesting to hear the comparison with Armani as that's the one foundation I've been itching to try but you can't get it in Belfast! Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Avril - I've not tried the one with the serum Avril - does sound good for a night out though! x

      Delete
  7. Looks good on you, can tell it evens things out. I tried a sample of this and didn't like the consistency on my skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as my skin isn't dry it works ok for me Gaelle x

      Delete
  8. It gives a lovely finish Jen! I've been using a tinted moisturiser for a long time now but do feel the need for more cover especially during the colder months & may very well give this one a go! Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! I definitely need more cover during the colder months! x

      Delete
  9. It looks great on you! I'm very up adventurous with make up and I should try harder no.7 CC cream and then stay perfect foundation for me. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...