Friday 22 November 2013

School Disco Days - Blondie - Heart of Glass

Bonjour and a Happy Friday!

This week the hubby very kindly decided to give me a bit of the throat virus he's been nurturing so been a bit under the weather - thank goodness for painkillers that's all I can say! Feeling a bit better today - just in time to get my hair sorted - still not made a final decision yet (see Wednesdays post) ...

Anyway ... last Friday my little girl (not so little anymore - growing far too fast) went to her first school disco - it was all she and her friends could talk about for weeks before - planning outfits etc - ah I remember those days! It was only for a couple of hours after school but she came back home buzzing, singing Katie Perry 'Roar' and complaining that her feet were hurting from dancing ... again I remember those days well (apart from the Katie Perry bit!) ...

Here's the little outfit she put together for the evening ...



Got me thinking of my own school disco days - so without further ado ....

Blondie - Heart of Glass 

Released early 1979 - what an effortlessly cool and timeless track - it will never date ... I'm well proud to have bopped along to this at many a school disco ...



Speaking of effortlessly cool just look at our Debbie - she looks bloody fantastic - no wonder all the boys were head over heels in love with her. I'm in love with her laid back groovy hair (there's a surprise)!

So what was your ultimate school disco track?

Jen x



8 comments:

  1. You could cut glass with her gorgeous cheek bones too couldn't you! I remember this one too! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You certainly could Claire - wish I had good cheekbones - they come in handy! xx

      Delete
  2. OMG. I grew up on Blondie and Roxy Music. Total 70's girl. And The Best of Blondie was one of the few CD's that kept me awake at the wheel of my car whenever I had a long work trip. Love love love Debbie. She was the coolest sexiest woman (and she was a woman) around. Knocked the socks off everyone else. By a mile.

    Can you tell I love our Debs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm guessing you love our Debs and yes she was the coolest around Sue! Roxy Music - Dance Away, now that's another school disco tune - love it!

      Delete
  3. Choon!!! She was amazing back in the day wasn't she?! School Disco.....Eek!! I've got all that to come! Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Choon indeed Andrea! She was pretty amazing back in the day! Yes - the school disco thing - bit scary it's come round so quickly! xx

      Delete
  4. Oh me too Jen! I used to love Blondie and I can remember my school friend Little Caronne (we had a big Karen too) used to come round mine and make me take Blondie off and put Boney M on! Sadly she passed away almost 6 years ago but Blondie amongst many things remind me of her xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah sorry to hear that Sharron xx.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...