Wednesday 10 July 2013

Vichy Idealia BB Cream - Review

Bonjour!

The Vichy Idealia BB Cream is one of those products I really wanted to try but kept telling myself I didn't  need - sound familiar...?  I tried to resist for a while but finally caved in when the most recent 3 for 2 was on at Boots...




The Vichy Idealia range appears to be all about 'Ideal Skin'...
"Visibly smoothes the appearance of wrinkles. Skin texture is refined and softer. Idealia re-awakens the skin’s natural radiance for a fresh and even complexion."             (source) 
The BB is aimed at dull, greying skin tone, uneven complexion and signs of ageing accentuated by everyday exposure to the sun.  It is suitable for all skin types including sensitive and is paraben free. Whether it will - in time - reduce dark spots remains to be seen but I'd tend to agree with the other 5 claims on the box above (on my own skin anyway).

I started off by applying it after my day moisturiser but found this combination too greasy so switched to using 'instead of' -straight after my serum.  Initially I thought the Medium shade may be a tad too pale for my skin tone but it actually works really well - must be the slight pink (but not too pink) tones.  It provides light coverage (I still need concealer in places), is a really easy consistency (almost fluid-like) to blend and I love that it gives my skin a lift and leaves it feeling hydrated with an SPF 25 .  I've worn my Bare Minerals over the top of it for work and it's worked fine as a base for make-up - doesn't clog pores and hasn't caused any breakouts.

Swatched and blended ...


Kite action...



So if you're a tad squeamish maybe I should have suggested you look away ..... anyway too late now! Left pic is bare skin with just a bit of eye stuff on (sorry I don't appear to have concealed my dark circles adequately!) and right is with a quick application of BB.  Maybe you can't tell from these pics - always difficult to capture this stuff on camera - but although it doesn't completely conceal my open pores I think it does a decent job of lifting and brightening the old complexion.

It can be built up a little to provide a bit more cover but if you're after something more full-on and matte then this ain't for you. It's all about the illumination and provides the sort of sheer, natural, 'your skin but better' thing I'm after in a summer BB. The Vichy Idealia BB Cream is priced at £21.00/40ml and is a product I'll definitely be re-purchasing.

What do you look for in a Summer BB? Have you tried any products from the Vichy Idealia range?

Jen x




16 comments:

  1. I really don't like this product!! It broke me out, and it just feels so...sticky!

    :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a shame Sara - it doesn't break me out or feel at all sticky to me! Good job there are plenty more BBs out there for you to try! :) x

      Delete
  2. This looks like a great BB cream. I've only found one that suits my skin ( Dr Jarts) but I'd be tempted by this. I was looking at the Vicky serum range yesterday too. I need a new serum and don't know what to go for!! I want something with no perfume really - do you use a Vichy one? WHat would you recommend? Trying to give my old skin a helping hand in this heat!! HA HA XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is my favourite to date Claire! I use the Vichy Aqualia serum in the morning and I love it - really hydrating and suitable for sensitive skin xx

      Delete
    2. Thats the one I was looking at - think I will go for it then as there is nothing that comes close as regards what's in it! Thank you!

      Delete
    3. Just flipped back to your "vichy" review on it too! Forgot you did that - knew I'd read about it somewhere when I was eyeing them up in Boots!!! XX

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I really like it - not to say it'll work for everyone but it does for me xx

      Delete
  4. It definitely brightens and looks pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou - I need all the brightening I can get at my age! xx

      Delete
  5. Looks lovely on you! It gives you a beautiful glow

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Sal! I do like a bit of glow! xx

      Delete
  6. Saw this in boots today. It looks like something I'd like. I love a bit of illumination :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love a bit of illumination Mez and am so in need of it the older I get! xx

      Delete
  7. Im tempted by it but BB creams dont seem to come in my shade and i dont think this one does :-( looks great on you i can tell it highlights with a little bit of a dewy effect which you cant go wrong with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou! Yes is quite a dewy one. Shame Vichy don't do a deeper shade - there must be something suitable out there :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...