Wednesday 3 April 2013

NOTD - Nails Inc - Basil Street

Bonjour!

The last couple of weeks before Easter were particularly hectic and I was too busy in the day and too tired at night to indulge in any nail painting activities...!  Anyway - things slowed down over the Easter weekend and I just fancied a bit of Nails Inc Basil Street ...


I've had this polish for ages - think it was a Glamour freebie (good old Glamour freebies!) many moons ago...



I know my cuticles need attention but just ignore 'em for now!

So this is a polish for those 'subtle nail' days I guess when you don't want your nails 'in your face' but just want to dress them up a little!  It's a neutral which goes with anything really - a soft nude/fleshy/beigey colour  with no grey undertones - described on the Nails Inc website as 'a chic pale toffee shade' (much better than my description!).  It actually matches my skin tone so from a distance it blends in!  As with all Nails Inc polishes I've tried it goes on fine - I only have two coats on here - could maybe have done with three to be totally opaque but didn't have time.  Lasts a good couple of days with topcoat and even when it chips a little you can't really tell that much - shouldn't admit to leaving my chipped nail polish on should I - ah well...!

I know spring/summer will hopefully be here shortly and the brights will be out in full force but we all feel like a nude now and again don't we? I really fancy this little lot - the Nails Inc Happy Nude Year Collection -  contains Bruton Street - Porchester Square - Holland Park Avenue - Convent Garden Ballet, unfortunately it's only available on waitlist at the moment - (probably as it's £22.75 + p&p which I think is pretty good value) so will have to keep an eye on it!

If you were in a 'nude mood' which polish would you be reaching for?

Jen x


14 comments:

  1. Such a pretty nude, looks very elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gaelle - it's the only part of my that does look elegant - I can assure you! x

      Delete
  2. Ooh. I think I have that one! And yes it was a freebie but I have to say it went on dreadful for me. Very streaky and I lost all patience with it. I was a little disappointed because I love nude shades and was hoping this was going to one of those staple colours but alas - not this time. You look like you had a much better time of it with yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm no expert nail painter Sue as you can see but I just took my time with it - next time I think I will go for three thin coats though. x

      Delete
  3. I rarely wear nude but I did at the end of last summer because the girl wearing the sandals I had just bought had nude toenails in the campaign pictures and I did quite like it although not one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you prefer the deeper shades Sharron - I have to be in the mood for a nude (pardon the rhyme!) but it makes a nice change now and again! x

      Delete
  4. Bonjour my lovely! Great colour. I love nudes in the spring time and I like to reach for Essie's Sand Tropez. It's just a soft taupe colour, perfect for when you want a hint of colour but nothing in ya face x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonjour Kay - thanks it's not bad is it? Just had a look at Essie St Tropez - it's lovely, and not in ya face as you say! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. My nails are in a bad state at the moment so Ive tried nude and it looked awful so Ive gone back to something a little more coloured - this looks great!! Not tried Nails inc - maybe my next one?!! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all that sorting/clearing out in those garages Claire! I like a nude now and then -makes a change! xx

      Delete
  7. This is a nice shade, I've actually got a really similar one on my nails now, which is Revlon's Grey Suede (I know, not grey at all! Don't know what they were thinking). I've always shied away from nudes as I assumed they wouldn't look nice against my skin tone, but actually they are the perfect low maintenance nails, and I love that any mistakes don't show up too readily!
    Mel xx

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - just had a look at Grey Suede and not at all grey Mel - as you say! Low maintenance nails are all I've had time for lately - I'm sure I'll be picking up the brights soon but I'm liking nudes at the moment! xx

      Delete
  8. Totally in love with this colour. Can't stop buying nude nail polishes at the moment and this is just perfect! Will look into this little treasure! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great colour when you just want to 'sit back and relax your nails' I think! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...